The primary responsibility of an Sales Representative is to actively work on building relationships with repeat customers, develop customer accounts, facilitate pulling and delivery of customer orders and maintain working knowledge of products sold.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide a high level of customer service to ensure customers complete satisfaction
- Develop relationships with customers responding to their questions efficiently
- Assist customers with fence building needs, ideas and suggestions
- Produce an accurate and timely quote
- Effective communication with outside sales regarding quotes, market trends and company updates
- Facilitate the ordering process from input to shipping
- Remain knowledgeable on products we represent
- Answering phones and making calls daily
- Work as a team to meet established monthly sales goals
- Other duties as required by Branch Manager
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This work is performed in an office setting. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers
- Ability to self-teach and operate with limited direction in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of successful sales experience preferred
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: High School Graduate (BA in Business or industrial related field preferred)
- 1 - 2 years inside sales experience
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in customer service
- Manufacturing and/or distribution experience preferred
- PC skill, including Microsoft Office applications
Binford Supply provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.