The Cost Accountant will apply principals of cost accounting to conduct studies which provide detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems. The Cost Accountant will develop, interpret and implement complex financial and accounting system for planning and control. The Cost Accountant will partner with and coach multi functional teams to improve upon performance and internal controls.
Reports to: Plant Controller
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs new item cost roll-ups in Oracle-EBS.
- Partners with Supply Chain to audit purchase price vs. standard. Collects and organizes data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, Overhead and labor.
- Performs Accounting cost vs. standard on all BOM reviews.
- Determines and compiles detailed standard cost lists, and other types of costs as requested.
- Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs. Bridges the gap for over/under absorption with explanations.
- Establishes EBS databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts. A thorough understanding of how to extract and utilize this database to support other areas of the business.
- Mandatory participation in annual physical inventory count.
- Cycle Counts—Partner with Supply Chain to help build a robust process with the goal of eliminating the need for the annual physical inventory count.
- Obsolete Inventory Reporting, Journal Entries, and Administration of reporting and management overrides for upper management approval.
- Provides data to Pricing for margin review process and methodology to find areas where margins can be enhanced or improved by price increases and/or obsolescing/substitution. Thorough analysis of Contribution margin vs. Gross margin.
- Manage Capex by-project, including budget planning, financial evaluation, actual tracking.
- Perform fixed asset accounting and physical control.
- Involvement in Budgeting responsibilities (Labor, Overhead, Absorption, Capex).
- EBS understanding of Inventory Analysis, Work in Process reviews, Margin Analysis and Variance Analysis.
- Individual must be able to look ahead and implement new ideas and processes.
- Strong Ability to Prioritize Tasks and Communicate Clearly. Training Production and other areas to understand the costing process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Strong costing background.
- Manufacturing background, mechanical or industrial engineering will be a plus.
- Financial planning experience is a plus.
- Computer Skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is required.
- Oracle experience preferred.
Bimba Manufacturing Company
Why Work Here?Bimba, part of IMI Precision Engineering, is a forward-thinking innovator providing industry-leading pneumatic, hydraulic and electric motion solutions that are easy to use, reliable and ready for all engineering solutions. We are a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers’ equipment. As a business we aim to understand our customers’ challenges. We then connect our products, people and expertise in order to deliver exceptional service and solutions. We call this Engineering GREAT, and we deliver it to customers through a world-class portfolio of high performance products, through close partnerships and problem-solving, and through a global network of support which ensures reliable local delivery, all over the world.
Awesome compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with Company Match and Flexible Spending