Inside Sales Associate
- Posted: 5 days ago
- $20 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, 401k,
Inside Sales Associate
Reports to: Branch Manager/ Department Manager
Remote: Not a Remote Position
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.
About us: Billows Electric Supply is one of the region’s largest suppliers of electrical equipment (lighting, distribution, generators, and supplies), with 19 locations serving NJ, PA, & DE. We supply both the residential and commercial construction markets, as well as industrial, healthcare, educational, gaming, and governmental markets. We field a team of sales, warehouse, drivers, accounting, marketing, purchasing, inventory control, and IT associates, that together, provide our customers with a high level of quality and consistent service.
The Inside Sales Associate will be responsible for identifying revenue opportunities and generating sales within Billows’ established trading partners. Works closely with fellow sales employees to support account management and further develop the business. Responds to requests from customers for information in a timely manner. Remains knowledgeable and up to date on changes and developments in the B2B infrastructure and e-commerce industry. Responsible for sales and maintains sales quota % as established by management for monthly, quarterly, and annual goals. Ensure customer orders are into the system in a timely manner. Clearly communicate to customer any issues, for example, delivery, out of stock (suggest substitutions), special pricing, or price changes.
Responsibilities and Duties
An individual must be able to learn and utilize the technology made available to their position as to ensure quality communication and efficient workflows for the organization.
- · Acknowledge and welcome customers via phone, email, text, etc.
- · Inform customers about our products and services
- · Enter, process, and manage customer orders through their completion
- · Communicate with branch manager, market changes/trends
- · Communicate specific customer needs with Delran Distribution Center or other branches
- · Communicate with manufacturer reps/agents for special requirements
- · Assist with sales planning and merchandising
- · Participation in training and company events as required
- · Miscellaneous duties as may be required
Qualifications and Skills
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- · Sales and/or field experience within the electrical industry
- · Demonstrate proficient product knowledge
- · Able to learn and demonstrate proficient use of company computer system (training provided)
- · Demonstrate good organizational and accuracy skills
- · Comfortable with both working individually and as part of a team
- · Consistency with good work habits.
- Enter and locate information on a computer or system communication device
- Active communication with clients is likely done through email, phone, verbally, and possibly text messaging.
- Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Moves, lifts, carry and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
You will be working in an office space either at one of our locations or in our Insides Sales Department located in our Corporate Headquarters in Delran, NJ. Both of which, are in or near a warehouse environment. We wear casual work attire when appropriate (which is most of the time); but expect you to be dressed professionally when necessary. We work smart.
Compensation & Benefits:
- · Starting rate of $20/hr., or greater depending on experience
- · Comprehensive Medical Benefits (Employee 100% covered)
- · Dental Plan (Employee 100% covered)
- · Eye Glass Allowance
- · 401k With Company Match & Profit Sharing
- · Paid Sick & Vacation Time
- · Opportunities for growth and career advancement
Billows Electric Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer. All decisions about hiring, transfers, and promotions will be made regardless of gender, age, race, or any other protected classification.
Billows Electric Supply Company
1710 State Route 34Wall Township, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?