BillionToOne West Menlo Park, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Do you want to help develop prenatal and oncology diagnostics that can affect millions of lives? BillionToOne, one of top Y Combinator companies (with $85M funding from top institutional investors & 300% YoY growth) is currently seeking a Senior Scientist to further develop our product pipeline. We are looking for a quantitative biologist, biophysicist, or bioengineer who can own the end-to-end R&D process, both able to design complex high-throughput molecular biology experiments & analyze complex, quantitative data that the experiments generate.
Our Senior Scientists serve as principal investigators with significant resources and direct reports. They own end-to-end research and product development. This is an extremely impactful position, appropriate for an inspired scientist and extraordinary problem solver.
Since our first product launch less than two years ago, we have been growing extremely quickly, and we have recently built a 40,000 sq ft state-of-the-art facility. This role will lead the launch of our next product line(s).
This is a dynamic, start-up environment that requires adaptability and the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts.
- Learn, use and modify our custom R/Python code for experimental design purposes, and complement them with bioinformatic tools as needed to design probes for diagnostic tests
- Plan and develop the research strategy
- Design (and be able to perform) experiments to validate diagnostic/screening assays
- Analyze experiments and troubleshoot them as necessary
- Read the literature from chemistry and molecular biology to synthetic biology, bioengineering, and statistical learning fields to find creative opportunities for further improvements in our assays.
- Mathematically/computationally model experimental processes to iterate on the research strategy and assay development
Who You Are:
- PhD in biological sciences, bioengineering, biophysics, or related discipline with molecular biology lab experience
- A deep quantitative understanding of and approach to biology
- A strong background in physics, applied mathematics, or mathematical biology (i.e., you intuitively understand concepts such as error propagation, probability distributions, Markov models, Monte Carlo simulations, phase diagrams etc.)
- Ability to analyze data and model biological processes in R or Python
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms and familiarity with industry tools (Github, command line, AWS)
- Next-generation-sequencing experience
- A deep understanding of or experience with nucleic acid chemistry
We offer highly competitive salary and benefits combined with a truly generous equity package. You will be working on interesting problems with extremely high-impact.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AddressWest Menlo Park, CA
ScienceView all jobs at BillionToOne