BillionToOne Menlo Park, CA
- Expired: August 25, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you want to help develop prenatal diagnostics that can affect the lives of millions of expecting parents? BillionToOne is currently seeking a Research Associate with a computational/bioinformatics focus to join our Clinical Operations team. Under the guidance and supervision of Senior Scientists, this person will learn and develop bioinformatics pipelines for analysis of next-generation DNA sequencing data. While this role will have wet lab components & high level of collaboration with the clinical laboratory, the focus is on the bioinformatics & data analysis.
This is a dynamic, start-up environment that requires adaptability and the ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts.
This position is for immediate start-date (August/September 2020).
- Develop sophisticated and robust next-generation sequencing analysis pipelines under the guidance of a Senior Scientist
- Work closely with Process Engineers to design process improvement experiments and analyze the resulting data
- Perform analysis of clinical bioinformatics data
- Assemble and analyze quality metrics from the clinical laboratory
- Collaborate with Senior / Principal Scientists and support new scientific insights
Desired Skills and Experience:
Who you are:
- BS or MS in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Physics or related field
- 1-2 years of biology research experience (either during BS/MS or afterwards)
- Programming skills and aptitude in Python, R or a similar language
- High mathematical and statistical aptitude
- Great attention to detail
- Molecular biology wet lab experience (e.g., PCR, cloning)
- Familiarity with analyzing next-generation sequence data
We offer highly competitive salary and benefits combined with a generous equity package. You will be working on interesting problems with extremely high-impact.
BillionToOne is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AddressMenlo Park, CA
ScienceView all jobs at BillionToOne