KG - 12th Teachers
Bilingual Christian Academy & Technology of Lake Wales Lake Wales, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
Bilingual Christian Academy & Technology located in Lake Wales, Florida is looking for highly qualified Kindergarten Teacher, Math/Science Teacher, Language Arts/History Teacher, Art Teacher, Music Teacher, PE Teacher and Robotic Teacher to join our dynamic team of educators. Teachers plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. In addition, teachers must believe in and embody the organization’s core values of building strong relationships, having honesty and integrity, promoting youth voices and believing in possibilities.
JOB DUTIES: Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Differentiates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject specific assignments for the purpose of providing an effective program that addressing individual student requirements.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment - maintain accurate count of all materials.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students through a variety of assessment measures and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, BCAT policies and school regulations.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. grades, lesson plans following scope and sequence, correspondence with parents and students, examinations and quizzes, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and meeting mandated requirements.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures and adhering to all BCAT policies and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Monitors students in a variety of educational environments (e.g. classroom, central dining, campus grounds, hallways, restrooms, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Responds to inquires from a variety of sources (e.g. other teachers, parents, administrators, students, central office staff, etc.) for the purpose of resolving issues, providing information and/or direction. Supports other classrooms as needed
- Participates in a variety of meetings and professional development activities for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions and to improve student achievement.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as graduations, honor roll assemblies, and other events as determined.
- Collaborates with instructional staff, other school personnel, parents and a variety of community resources (client managers, etc.) for the purpose of improving the overall quality of student outcomes, achieving established classroom objectives in support of the school improvement plan.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
ESSENTIAL SKILLS: Demonstrate skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds. Strong oral and written communication skills; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school officials, parents, students, teachers, support staff and associates. Able to handle confidential information discreetly and professionally; exceptional public relations/interpersonal skills to respond to parents and advocacy groups. Professionalism, adherence to policies / procedures and teamwork coupled with a positive attitude in the quest for continuous improvement is essential.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bilingual. Requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited educational institution. This is a Christian Private School, the candidate must adhere to our believe and practices.
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor Degree
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
Bilingual Christian Academy & Technology of Lake Wales
AddressLake Wales, FL
EducationView all jobs at Bilingual Christian Academy & Technology of Lake Wales