· M.S. degree in construction or engineering with ten years of related experience; or
· B.S. degree in construction or engineering with twelve years of related experience; or fifteen years related experience in construction
· Thorough diverse knowledge of construction means, methods, sequencing, and coordination.
· Solid understanding of principles, methods, and techniques of design-build.
· Thorough understanding of architectural, civil, mechanical, and electrical systems for scoping work packages, performing quantity take-offs, and pricing evaluations.
· Extensive experience in the management and coordination of multiple projects and employees at multiple sites.
· Excellent mentoring / team management skills.
· Computer expertise with Microsoft Office programs and scheduling, project management, and estimating systems.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills.
· Excellent negotiating skills.
· Preference for DBIA and LEED AP Certifications
Scope of Responsibility:
Manages employees at multiple project sites (Superintendents, Engineers, Project Managers, etc.) and is responsible for the overall financial performance of assigned projects. Enforces Risk Management practices at all necessary levels. Ensures that all employees, subcontractors, and consultants are treated justly and professionally. Promotes and manages project teams in design-build best practices: communicates performance expectations, uses effective coaching and mentoring practices to accomplish the objectives, and constructively addresses performance problems. Responsibilities include client interface, client satisfaction, contract administration, personnel administration, cost estimates, proposals, project financial management, subcontract agreements, project staffing, purchasing and schedules, enforcement of quality control and site safety, health, and substance abuse programs, developing and maintaining project records and project documentation, managing the data management system, preparing reports and providing required input to corporate management.
Task Order / Project Acquisition
· Review Task Order / RFP Documentation
· Attend Kickoff Meeting & Initial Site Visit
· Prepare & Submit RFI’s
· Develop Acquisition Strategy
· Prepare Preliminary Design-Build Schedule & Project Approach Narrative
· Prepare/Review Project General Conditions
· Prepare/Review Risk Assessment / Contingency Analysis
· Concept Design Review
· Pricing Assistance & Review
· Coordination of Deliverables Assembly & Submission
· Proposal Discussions / Negotiations
·Debriefing & Lessons Learned
· Prepare DBIA Agreements & DBIA Modifications
· Prepare Professional Service Agreements
· Design Reviews (Plans & Specifications) – Scope Verification, Constructability, Cost Effectiveness
· Attend Design Review Meetings
· Schedule Management / Oversight
· Manage or Monitor Project Startup Checklist
· Prepare/Review Project Safety Plan
· Prepare/Review Project Quality Control Plan
· Prepare/Review Contractor’s Area Use Plan
· Prepare/Review Project Environmental Protection Plan
· Monitor or Manage Permit Expediting
· Attend Pre-Construction Meeting
· Monitor / Assist Subcontractor Solicitation
· IPWP / DOA Scope of Work Reviews
· Pricing Reviews / Evaluations
· GSMA / PMA Negotiations
· P&PPG and Bond Waiver Review / Recommendations
· Monitor Procurement Schedule and Results
· Attend Select Owner Progress Meetings (Onsite and/or Teleconferences)
· Site Visits / Field Team Performance Assessment & Support
· Team Construction Issue Resource
· Submittal Processing Support and Management Oversight
· Change Variance (Price & Time) Preparation / Review & Negotiation
· Participate in Pre-Final and/or Final Inspections
· Participate in 6 & 11 Month Warranty Inspections
· Warranty Issue Support
· Generate Monthly Vendor Projection Spreadsheets, Review PM Projections, & Monitor Results
· Material/Service Vendor 2nd Approval
· Owner Invoice Review
· Monthly Project ECAC, ER & GM Reviews
· D-B Milestone Matrix Monthly Updating
· Forecasting Support & Budget Monitoring
· Team Member Training / Mentoring
· Team Member Assessment & Recommendations
- Ensure compliance with Centennial’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) guidelines and procedures along with all local requirements (OSHA, USACE EM385.1.1, etc.)
- Responsible for notifying supervisor if an HSEQ infraction is observed
We are a national General Contractor providing complex renovation and design/build construction services around the country. Our clients include both government and institutional facilities across multiple states. We offer long term opportunities with excellent compensation, benefits and advancement potential. All positions require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. This position requires daily, reliable transportation to and from project sites.
I certify that the answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. By submitting my application to Centennial and/or other Joint Venture Companies, I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision. I understand that this application is not and is not intended to be a contract of employment. If I am hired, I understand that I have the right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause, and that Centennial and/or other Joint Venture Companies retains the same right.
I understand that as an applicant for a position, I may be required to submit to a drug screening and background check as a condition of employment and/or continued employment. I understand that an unsatisfactory result from, refusal to cooperate with, or any attempt to affect the results of these pre-employment tests and background checks will result in withdrawal of any employment offer or termination of employment if already employed.
In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interviews may result in discharge. I understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the company as set forth in the Centennial Employee Handbook.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
You are invited to provide your race, gender and if you are disabled in your employment application, but it is not required. This information is being requested on a voluntary basis solely to fulfill our Affirmative Action requirements as a Federal Contractor. If you prefer not to disclose you will not be subject to any adverse treatment. Any information collected related to a disability will be kept confidential and in accordance with the ADA.
Centennial Contractors Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.