Bilfinger is a leading international industrial services provider active primarily in Continental Europe, Northwest Europe, North America, and the Middle East. Bilfinger delivers its services in two business segments across multiple industries that include petrochemical, oil & gas, consumer goods, and energy and utilities. Bilfinger’s project portfolio covers the entire value chain from consulting, engineering, manufacturing, assembly, maintenance, plant expansion, and turnarounds to environmental technologies and digital applications
Under direct supervision, the Payroll Clerk is responsible for the day-to-day time keeping functions ensuring compliance with company policies and federal, state, and local laws. This role will assist with time keeping and processing of weekly payrolls for craft labor and perform routine assignments as an entry level professional.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures accurate time collection and time allocations to assist with preparing weekly multi-state payroll for 4,000+ hourly craft employees, both Union and Non-union.
- Ensures accurate time collection and time allocations to assist with preparing bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly payroll for over 600 salary employees.
- Works with Project Management teams to collect timesheets timely in order to meet deadlines.
- Assists with reviewing all new hires and payroll related changes are properly accounted for within the payroll system.
- Processes timesheets timely through time and attendance software.
- Assists with implementation of timekeeping systems and integrations with SAP and third party providers.
- Administrates garnishments, support payments, and other required withholdings.
- Assists and supports all internal and external audits related to payroll.
- Maintains a positive relationship with all staff to ensure excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Assists management with ad-hoc requests, including special projects and initiatives.
- Assists with preparation of management reports.
- Observes and complies with all safety rules.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance or related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year-to-year basis.
- High degree of professionalism and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to handle highly confidential data.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to providing quality work in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills required.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work individually and in a team.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Experience with Kronos and/or Viewpoint preferred.