Senior Network Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Senior Network Engineer, your primary responsibility will be to manage and operate Bigleaf's global network. This includes the full lifecycle of the global Bigleaf network with a focus on performance, reliability, and scaling. You will also be responsible for identifying and resolving any network problem that could lead to customer impact as quickly as possible. You'll be a solid network SME with strong troubleshooting skills and participating in engineering on-call rotations.
Come join us at Bigleaf to help businesses connect to their customers, people like us, people like you!
This position is 100% remote!Responsibilities:
- Manage and operate our global IP network to deliver outstanding reliability and performance for our customers
- Responsible for and providing technical direction for the Network team and 2nd/3rd line support for all network-related issues
- Analyze, coordinate, and resolve all operational team tasks in a timely manner including resolution of customer issues, incident management, repair and maintenance, and preventive maintenance
- Participate, implement, and improve processes around incident and change management
- Collaborate and work very closely with Technical Support, Site Reliability Engineering, and Software Engineering teams to meet customer needs and drive healthy growth across all areas of the business
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience, preferably with an Internet Service Provider or Telecoms company
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals, including BGP and OSPF
- Experience with designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale, public-facing, distributed systems
- Proficiency with Linux and familiarity with tools such as Git, Ansible, Puppet, and Grafana
- Familiar with deploying and operating global network Points of Presences (PoPs)
- Participate in on-call rotation
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience
- An empathetic, humble, and customer-focused demeanor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Bigleaf Networks improves Cloud connectivity and Internet performance. We are a team of telecom and network software professionals who built our Cloud-first SD-WAN service based on the natural architecture of leaves. We provide a better Internet experience with simple implementation, friendly support, and powerful technology.
Bigleaf exists because of leaders and dreamers who believed there was a better solution to a technological need in business. As we continue to grow, we keep this leadership mentality in mind, and we encourage each other to constantly improve by developing grit, servant leadership, diversity, and innovation.Our Core Values:
Whether working with a customer or interacting with one another around the office, Bigleaf's core values are heartfelt service, positive attitude, transparency, and focus. At our core, we are here at Bigleaf to develop technology that will help people, and these values help us maintain that intention.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 100% of medical premiums for our HSA health plan - buy up options available)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 13 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you're interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We're building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications for this role.
TechnologyView all jobs at Bigleaf Networks
Get fresh Senior Network Operations Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.