Bigge Crane and Rigging Co. (www.bigge.com) is the one of the fastest growing and most aggressive crane rental companies in the United States. Since 1916, we have been building America’s landmarks, and we are proud to have created one of the highest performing equipment companies in the world.
Bigge is leading the transformation of the crane and rigging industry with a unique approach to maintaining the best experience, equipment and technology in the market. Leveraging our innovative technology platform, we are forging new ground in the areas of safety, equipment utilization and employee growth.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Perform routine, emergency and preventative maintenance of forklifts.
- Interpret manufacturer’s technical manuals to perform the necessary maintenance and repairs needed.
- Troubleshoot forklift problems to include brake, electrical and hydraulic systems, detect imperfections, potential problems, safety issues and/or malfunctions.
- Able to diagnose and repair mast and attachment components.
- Good working knowledge of brake systems and tire/wheel changes.
- Ability to work on LP, gas, and diesel systems.
- Replace broken or defective parts from stock parts and/or order replacement parts for major repairs.
- Reassemble forklifts and make all necessary adjustments for effective and safe operation.
- Perform safety inspection of forklifts prior to being released for use.
- Cleaning of equipment and other areas as required.
- Ensure work area and methods used in carrying out job duties meet safety requirements.
- Maintain an organized and new work area.
- Competent to complete legible service documents and logs for preventative maintenance tasks.
- Learn new technical information and techniques to stay current with changing technology.
- 40% travel, overtime and weekends required.
- 2 or more years of experience in a related field, including maintenance of various forklifts such as Merlo, Hyster, JGL, and Carelift with lift rating up to 30,000 Ibs.
- Manufacturing, automotive, military or recent trade school graduates with applied skills.
- Solid foundation of mechanical aptitude and ability along with knowledge of industrial electricity up to 24 volts would be preferred.
- Ability to work safety and follow company rules and procedures.
- Required to provide personal tools.
- Use of diagnostic software
- Ability to use smart phone, computer apps, Microsoft office
- Competitive pay with overtime
- Company Vehicle provided with fuel card
- Company Credit Card
- Cell phone, Laptop and Tablet
- Full Health Benefits and 401k retirement plan
Bigge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, military or veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.