- Expired: January 24, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
At Bigge, we have an incredibly rich history. Since 1916, we have been building America's landmarks, and we are proud to have created one of the highest-performing equipment companies in the world. We are elevating America with over 1,500 cranes in our nationwide crane rental fleet. Our Mission is clear; we buy, rent, maintain, and sell cranes throughout the United States - and we continue to grow.
Why Work for Bigge? Because we are the BEST in the industry! We have the best people and equipment, an incredible culture, great benefits, and competitive pay.
By leveraging our leadership position in the industry and innovative technology platform, we are forging new ground in safety, rental fleet growth, and employee enrichment - and we want you to be a part of that.
This expeditor is responsible for front-line field technician service specializing in RT and crawler crane parts and service. Typical responsibilities include researching parts through OEM or secondary sources, identifying correct part(s) based on need and availability, performing data entry, entering requisitions, delivering parts to mechanics, follow-up on outstanding orders, and assisting technicians in resolving technical and quality issues, evaluating inventory levels and maintaining consumables for mechanics in the shop area.
- Work with the shop to monitor and determine parts needs, assess supply vendors, and ensure delivered goods meet quality standards.
- Contact vendors, verify supplies, manage purchase requisitions, and communicate with suppliers to determine expected delivery dates and inform stakeholders of potential delays.
- Research various vendor options and select the best based on the requestor's needs.
- Work with vendors to determine a reasonable rate and coordinate the timing and means of delivery.
- Find solutions to budget limitations, vendor errors, and other problems that may arise.
- Work with various departments to determine the amount and type of goods required.
- Work with the inventory manager to keep frequent moving goods in stock.
- Track orders from placement through delivery.
- Inspect goods upon delivery to ensure that the standards of quality are met and the appropriate quantity has been received.
- Ensure that the appropriate goods are distributed to said departments in a timely manner.
- Work with buyers to seek ways to save money on procuring goods.
- Will work with the service department, buyers, logistics, and inventory.
- Return nonconforming parts to vendors.
- Input requisitions for needed parts.
- Will meet at minimum once daily with shop foremen to discuss each day's projected jobs.
- Will cross-train with other warehouse personnel to be a backup when needed.
- Other duties assigned by the manager.
- Solid mathematical skills
- Basic computer skills
- Understanding of the goods being procured
- Some experience in a business or delivery setting
- Excellent communication skills
- Both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills for working with various departments and vendor representatives.
- Excellent planning skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Knowledge of construction and or diesel-powered equipment preferred.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently.
- Physically able to climb stairs routinely.
- Pass Bigge's forklift training.
- Competitive pay and a matching 401(k) plan
- Vacation, Company Holidays, and Sick Days
- Flexible spending accounts/Health savings account
Bigge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, military or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Bigge Crane and Rigging
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Bigge Crane and Rigging
Get fresh Production Expeditor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.