JOIN OUR RAPIDLY GROWING COMPANY:
Bigge Crane and Rigging Co. (www.bigge.com) is the one of the fastest growing and most aggressive crane rental companies in the United States. Since 1916, we have been building America’s landmarks, and we are proud to have created one of the highest performing equipment companies in the world.
Bigge is leading the transformation of the crane and rigging industry with a unique approach to maintaining the best experience, equipment and technology in the market. Leveraging our innovative technology platform, we are forging new ground in the areas of safety, equipment utilization and employee growth.
The Junior Project Engineer shall assist with Tower Crane and Construction Hoist related engineering activities such as preparation of construction documents and structural calculations, development of engineering standards/protocol, coordination among internal teams, customer support and field support related to installation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Design of tie-in members and anchorage, structural stability evaluation, review of foundation loads as well as preliminary evaluation of load imposed to base structure.
· Preparation of engineering submittal including construction documents and structural calculation book.
· Coordination with internal and external personnel for project efficiency.
· Complete project and equipment technical documentation and record keeping, including drawings, calculations, testing, etc. as it relates to project use, fleet equipment management, or as specifically directed.
· Incorporate safety, technical accuracy, efficiency, consistency, and continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the work.
· Support proposal efforts by generating preliminary drawings or sketches, along with basic supporting calculations, for review and concept validation.
· Complete internal initiatives such as practical engineering standards and protocol for continual improvement and success of the department.
· Bachelor’s degree in structural engineering, civil engineering, or construction management. Recent college graduates strongly encouraged to apply.
· Ability to carry technical and non-technical communication effectively, both verbal and in writing, with internal and external personnel is essential.
· Ability to read and interpret construction documents such as architectural, structural drawings and specifications is required.
· Basic drafting experience using Autodesk AutoCAD and use of Bluebeam software are preferred.
· Proficiency with structural analysis software (RISA 3D or similar) is preferred.
Bigge provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, military or veteran status.