Software Engineer- DevOps
- Posted: over a month ago
Denver or Dallas based
BigRio is a remote-based, technology consulting firm with headquarters in Boston, MA. We deliver software solutions ranging from: custom development, software implementation, data analytics, and machine learning/AI integrations. We are a one-stop shop that attracts clients from a variety of industries because of our proven ability to deliver cutting-edge and cost-conscious software solutions.
With extensive domain knowledge, BigRio has teams of data architects, data engineers, software engineers, web developers, and consultants who deliver best-in-class solutions across a variety of verticals. Our diverse industry exposure equips us with invaluable tools, tricks, and techniques to tackle complex software and data challenges.
Our thought-forward, Big Data team is working on a number of data architecture and software-solution projects. You will join this high-caliber team as a Software Engineer who will work with our clients to implement software-based solutions to fit their needs.
About the Job:
As a Software Engineer- DevOps, you will be involved in every facet of our Cloud-based services. You will establish solutions for building, deploying, and maintaining the infrastructure of one of the largest identity platforms in the world. We follow a DevOps model: Development and Operations teams are integrated, running continuous deployments daily, and the teams collaborate in the solution's development, deployment, and operations.
- Develop solutions for automated deployment of our software and services on our production infrastructure hosted on AWS.
- Establish solutions for virtualized platforms.
- Develop management solutions for managing services across multiple cloud platforms and data centers.
- Perform technology evaluations and selections
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience in Java programming
- 1+ years of experience with Cloud Platforms including AWS
- 1+ years experience with containerization technologies, including Docker
- 1+ years experience with orchestration technologies, including Kubernetes
- Experience with best practices for deployment automation
- Experience using Git in a team environment (merge requests, branching, push, and pulls)
- CS Degree or equivalent experience
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Understanding of networking including routing, naming, and security
- Understanding of HTTP protocol
- Experience developing in a DevOps environment
- Experience resolving customer deployment issues
- Experience working with distributed teams
Equal Opportunity Statement
BigRio is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. BigRio makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at BigR.io