Position requires US citizenship and the candidate must have the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret SCI Security Clearance.
BigBear, Inc. is a leading provider of big data computing and analytic solutions. We help people make sense of their data using our cloud-based platform and big data processing algorithms. Each day, we crunch massive volumes of structured and unstructured data into usable and actionable information for our customers.
We currently have an immediate position for a talented and passionate Senior UI / UX Designer to design and build stunning and creative front-end user experiences with an emphasis on big data visualization and analytics. You will be responsible for all aspects of user experience, design, and development from initial concept to production. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that demonstrates excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a strong drive for creative innovation.
• 5+ years UI/UX professional experience
• UI/UX design including wireframes, storyboards, and user stories
• Exceptional creativity and interactive design skills
• A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Angular, React, D3, or other frameworks
• Cross-browser design and development
• Elasticsearch and Kibana
• MapBox, Leaflet, or other web mapping technologies
• Agile/Scrum development process
TECHNOLOGY WE USE:
● Angular, React
● Python - Django
BigBear, Inc. is a software development company with locations in San Diego, Washington DC, Charlottesville, and Reston, VA. Our mission is to enable big data computing and analytics for our customers at a low cost. We leverage capabilities such as machine learning, crowdsourcing, geospatial image processing, and Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) data processing using our on-premise cloud computing technology stack. Our solutions provide a unique offering of products, custom-built software, and services focused within Big Data Analytics, Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), Visualization and Cloud Computing to our Department of Defense, and Commercial customers. We currently have exciting and challenging career opportunities for talented, motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-growing company.
We like to play with new toys and technologies. We like to break things to see if we can put them back together again in a better way. Our tails wag when we hear the words Big Data, Geospatial or Machine Learning. Each team member provides a unique set of advanced technical skills and trade that contributes to our overall success.
· 100% employer-paid for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO)
· A competitive salary based on experience
· Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - optional
· 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar match up to 6%
· A warm, cozy office with actual chairs and tables
· Life and Disability Insurance 100% paid for by the company
· Education Assistance
· 529 College Savings Plan - optional
· Healthy Rewards Program
· Pre-paid Legal & Identity Theft Protection - optional
· Gym Reimbursement
· Pet Insurance - optional
· A shiny magical machine that does wonderful things
· Flexible Hours
· Unlimited Coffee, Drinks and Snacks
· 6 WEEKS of Paid Time Off (PTO) on top of 11 Paid Holidays!
BigBear is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled