- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Big Sea, a remote digital marketing agency headquartered in St. Petersburg, FL is looking for a controller to maintain and strengthen our financial operations. The controller will ensure the quality of financial transactions and reporting, develop our financial well-being, and play a leading role in financial decision-making, and help build strong financial processes. You will provide senior management with strategic financial input, and oversee the overall accounting processes. You will ensure accuracy in all our financial activities.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, where assignments include interacting with high-level internal and external stakeholders. This position requires a candidate with excellent project management and organization, proactive planning, adaptability, and a customer service focus who will respond with flexibility to a wide variety of multiple and shifting priorities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing digital marketing agency. The ideal candidate will enjoy wearing many hats and adding value through innovative thinking, creativity while at the same time having the ability to work through and with the existing structures and processes of the agency.
- Bookkeeping and account reconciliation for bank and credit account, across multiple businesses
- Inter-agency billing and expense management
- Working with Operations and Accounts team on client invoicing and AR management
- Managing debt servicing for organizational loans and credit cards
- Managing and staying apprised of contract billing terms for client accounts
- Managing vendors, AP and payments
- Helping maintain financial reporting, including monthly reports, financial models, account profitability statements, etc.
- Helping leadership with financial decision making by sharing insights and analysis based on trends
- Proficiency with Xero preferred but not required (our accounting is all based in Xero)
- Providing tax statements as needed to tax accountant come tax season
- Maintain responsibility for third-party financial platforms (payment processors, etc) to ensure we're using the best possible tools for the job
- Help set financial policies to balance cash flow, client needs, and best practices
This position reports directly to our CEO, and is currently remote with a hiring preference for the Tampa Bay, FL or Asheville, NC areas.All applicants must align with our core values:
- Open & honest, always - Early, often and even when its difficult.
- Own it - Be invested in your work & understand the why. Be passionate, and strive to continually improve our industry.
- Smile - Foster enthusiasm and fun, while remaining professional. Be relaxed; work without fear of mistakes.
- Elevate & educate - Teach, share, learn, and contribute. Be positive and collaborative, this is a team sport!
- Think long-term - Consider future ramifications of all choices.
- Its all personal - Be approachable, reliable and act in a manner that is welcoming to our clients, to your colleagues, and to our community.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 4-6 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- Ability to work independently and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Strong demonstrated use of financial tools
- Experience working in the marketing industry preferred
As a full-time employee of the Big Sea team, youll enjoy big-company benefits in a small-company setting. Thats why every Big Sea team member receives medical insurance along with company-paid dental, vision, disability, life insurance, unlimited PTO and parental leave. A 401(k) program is also available for you to start saving for your future and a healthcare FSA makes healthcare slightly more tolerable. Each year, youll get a professional development budget to attend training, conferences, and industry events. But perhaps most rewarding of all is our commitment to giving you a creative, autonomous, and collaborative daily work environmentfrom our offices in St. Pete, Asheville or remotely. Working at Big Sea means growing personally, professionally, and as a team.
Big Sea is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please, let us know (email@example.com).
AddressSaint Petersburg, FL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Big Sea