Race Director/Project Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Big River Race Management (BRRM) has an immediate employment opportunity available in the St. Louis office for a professional, full-time Race Director/Project Manager. BRRM is a full-service timing and management company that works with over 150 events per year.
The position involves race directing, managing race registration, and some timing/scoring of BRRM owned and supported events. We are looking for a passionate, organized, detail-oriented, computer & technology savvy person with the desire to be a part of a team of dedicated event professionals. Candidates should have strong customer service skills, a high degree of computer expertise, database management skills, be highly organized and a self-starter. Strong and proven communication skills are necessary, both oral and written. Candidates should be comfortable working independently and as a member of a team and should be comfortable and thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment.
This position requires working approximately 30-35 weekends a year and traveling approximately 4-6 weekends per year. Training will be provided for specific responsibilities; applicants must be eager and capable of learning software programs and technology on their own. Familiarity with running events, triathlon, obstacle racing is a plus. The Race Director/Project Manager position will report to the partners of the company.
· Manage, organize and direct BRRM’s 5 annual in-house events and 3 annual contracted events, ranging in size from 500 to 3000 participants.
· Lead, communicate and work with BRRM team to oversee event planning, budgeting, marketing and promotions, logistics, execution and post-race wrap-up.
· Execute race logistics from inception to completion: permitting, scheduling of police, medics, labor, and work with local and national vendors to secure all race collateral (awards, medals, swag, food, etc.) while adhering to a budget.
· Communicate with past and current race participants and volunteers via email and email campaigns.
· Create reporting for analysis of registration data including weekly tracking, demographics for marketing/sponsors, and event-specific data needs.
· Manage sponsor communication and deliverables for BRRM in-house events.
· Assist with the marketing and vendor recruitment and fulfillment
· Take lead as BRRM project manager on 8-12 annual events, ranging in size from 100 to 1000 participants to include timing and some race management services.
· Collaborate and communicate with clients from initial contact to event day, ensuring the event is well organized and properly prepared for a successful event.
· Build and manage the online registration to client specifications, ensuring all events are fully operational and provide users with seamless experience.
· Oversee registration operations including bib assignment and packet pick-up operations.
· Manage race timing function: including setting up scoring software, race day timing functions, posting/confirming results, post-race management of timing inquiries and errors, and finalizeing results.
· Success in the above areas requires cross-functional relationships with other key members of the BRRM team.
· College degree preferred
· Must be a self-starter and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Must be highly organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects at any given time with great attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel
· Strong customer service skills
· Must be available to work weekends
· Ability to lift 50 lbs
· Race timing/scoring experience not necessary, but is a plus.
· Basic knowledge of HTML web design not necessary, but is a plus
· Competitive salary (range based on qualifications)
· Paid time off
· Health insurance (100% employer covered)
· IRA with employer match
· Annual profit sharing bonus
· Flexible work hours
Why work for Big River Race Management?
· Join one of the largest and well-respected race management companies in North America
· Be treated with respect. Big River did not lay off or furlough a single employee during the pandemic downturn
· Great benefits
· Great team centered culture
· Growing company with opportunities to grow into leadership roles
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the event industry. Starting salary is based on industry experience. Applications are due not later than July 10, 2022. Project manager should expect a starting date around August 1, 2022.
Big River Race Management, LLC.
TechnologyView all jobs at Big River Race Management, LLC.