- $20 Hourly
Indian Preference Policy Statement
It is the policy of the Muckleshoot Indian Tribal Government to follow its Indian Preference Policy in all employment selections when applicable. The policy aims to hire qualified persons for the position; this policy ensures that enrolled Tribal Members, their descendants and members of other federally recognized tribes are hired when they are one of the best candidates for the position. The complete Indian Preference Policy is available in Human Resources.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Valid Washington State Food Handlers Permit and thorough knowledge of food safety practices.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
JOB SUMMARY: Under general supervision, plans, prepares and cooks meals and oversees serving and clean up in the Big Nation Station Kitchen (BN Kitchens).
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assisting with stocking and setting up the stations.
2. Preparing food including cleaning and cutting the ingredients and cooking main dishes, desserts, appetizers.
3. Packaging prepared foods based on the manager’s guidance
4. Washing and cleaning the kitchen and cooking utensils and storing the equipment at the end of shifts
5. Ensuring that the kitchen operation procedures and hygiene meet food safety standards and regulations
6. Identify the amount of food necessary for meals, order food and supplies to meet needs.
7. Clean worksite; maintain good housekeeping and sanitary conditions.
8. Maintain equipment in good working condition and supervise its use.
9. Because of the MDC’s commitment to community service and the well-being of its members, each employee may be expected to perform a wide range of office and field duties from time to time. Such duties may or may not be related to their regular responsibilities.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING FOR POSITION (required and preferred):
- Valid Washington State Food Handlers Permit and thorough knowledge of food safety practices.
- 1-year commercial cooking experience or experience preparing a variety of food in large quantities.
SPECIFIC SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR POSITION:
- Ability to plan menu, order large quantities of food and supplies for large community events.
- Nutrition requirements
- Food service equipment
- Basic nutritional guidelines
- Washington State Health and Fire codes
- Food service, including menu preparation, ordering, taking inventory, quality control and preservation
- Safety and sanitation procedures
- Cooking, baking and serving high-quality, nutritious meals – various cooking techniques
- Written communications
- Communication skills with peers and customers
- Working as a team member (Ability to supervise and maintain working relationship with the Executive Chef)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this class. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, bend, reach, and lift, push or pull objects weighing up to 50 lbs. The employee is frequently exposed to high temperatures and liquids while cooking. The employee is occasionally exposed to freezing temperatures while storing and retrieving food from cold storage. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit and talk or hear; and use hands to operate, finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
Big Nation StationAuburn, WA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.