$80k - $100k - Project Managers - Norfolk, Lincoln, Bennington & Elkhorn, Nebraska - Commerical Cons
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Project Managers in Nebraska
Job Category: Full Time
Job Industry: Commercial Construction
Salary Range: $80,000 - $100,000
Location (s): Norfolk, Lincoln, Elkhorn, and Bennington, Nebraska
VIRTUAL POSITION OVERVIEW:
WHY JOIN THIS COMPANY?
Our client is a speciality commercial construction contractor that handles everything from numerous churches, schools, hospitals, businesses, and public facilities all across Nebraska. The company has been in business for over 140 years as a leader in the field of Construction Management and Design/Build and a family owned business. Employees report that they chose to work for this company for the following reasons: A pleasant work environment with a great team, Paid Holidays, paid time off, and other long term and short term disability benefits, Group insurance plans, including health, vision, dental, health, and life insurance coverage, Company Vehicle Benefit, Bonus Plans, Retirement Plans and more.
Looking for Project Managers to ensure all objectives and standards are met, and find solutions to problems as they arise. The Project Manager will ensure all equipment and materials are available on-site as needed. To be successful in this role, you should ensure the project is planned in a manner that meets and exceeds all objectives, and ensure it is completed on time and within budget. Top candidates will be skillful delegators, adept at identifying crucial aspects of the project and prioritizing them— while staying on top of all other aspects of the project.
Project Management related responsibilities for projects involving but not limited to Construction Management, Design/Build, Design/Bid/Build, Build/Lease, Modular Building and Green Building.Projects include everything from correctional institutions, heath centers, retail companies, private banking institutions, Rest Areas, churches, YMCA's, College Universities and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the strategic organizing and planning of multiple projects.
- Works closely with the on-site superintendents to both construct and update detailed CPM schedules.
- Distributes and communicates the CPM plan to all subcontractors and other stakeholders.
- Uses Project management and estimating skills to document changes in the scope of work, RFI's, P&L's work-bid projects, unforeseen conditions, additional work, etc.
- Monitors work quality to ensure that the work performed is done in accordance with the contract documents and completes necessary reports, audits, and project image documentation.
- Ensures that safety measures meet and exceed the company safety policy and also align in accordance with OSHA and other governmental regulations.
- Regularly communicates effectively with the owner, subcontractors, architects, and the project team, etc regarding contract progress.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
The Project Manager should have completed a 4-year Management, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, a related degree, or equivalent technical training and related experience.
The Project Manager must have a minimum of 5- 7 years of experience in commercial construction, or comparable skills in a related field. Must have experience managing complex construction projects.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES (KSA's)
Advanced Problem Solving, Budgeting, Estimating, BluePrint Comprehension, & Project Management. Strong understanding of technical skills used to interpret construction methods, contracts and drawings of the project. Strong office skills in billing, submittal, CPM schedules, changes in the scope of work, RFI's, etc. In-depth knowledge of the construction industry and the entire building process, including building codes, blueprints, permits, construction equipment, material resources, construction processes, and project management principles, and also the ability to estimate and safely follow OSHA guidelines in terms of the project management related to equipment like hand tools and power tools.
- Blue Beam , On Screen Takeoff, PlanGrid, OST/Quick Bid, and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, & Project)
- Detail Oriented Project Management abilities
- Highly entrepreneurial, self motivated, and self directed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, research, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a high pressure environment.
- Team oriented and collaborative nature
- Strong efficient, and effective multi tasking ability
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills
- Advanced technical competence and knowledge of construction operations
WORKING ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Prolonged periods standing, climbing ladders, bending, and kneeling.
- Physically able to monitor the secure installation of commercial construction products.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time to lift and move commercial construction tools and products if necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Big League Talent Connection
ConstructionView all jobs at Big League Talent Connection