Outside Sales Representative – Job Description
The Sales Representative must be able to engage with multiple current and potential clients in a wide variety of business industries. The Sales Representative requires the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where constant improvement and communication with the various team members to cross sell our products and services will enable efficient and effective growth. This position presents the opportunity to make a significant contribution to a tight knit growing team that is working to execute innovative selling and marketing to rapidly grow our business. Our business model revolves around sales and service in the Field (Industrial Parks) with great support from our internal OPS team.
- Visit potential prospects for new accounts
- Follow up on existing accounts; quote equipment
- Log calls into NetSuite and process orders
- Provide product and pricing support to new and existing customer via email, phone, in person walk-ins
- Same-day follow-up on all company provided leads and client requests
- Provide all written documentation needed for order pricing, picking and processing to the fulfillment department for processing daily
- Provide freight quotes on quotes/pricing including all follow up and support with freight issues including any and all freight claim services
- Provide freight status, delivery times and pricing support on equipment
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports and making recommendations to resolve issues should they arise
- Create 3-5 unique ads daily and post within designated territories
- Generate new leads through cold-calling companies within assigned territories
- Focus on select areas the company is targeting with current clients and prospects (10-20 mile radius of assigned territory)
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or other related discipline or equivalent 5 years’ experience in sales, customer service, or other related fields
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong listening and analytical skills
- Superior phone persona
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and follow-through skills
- Proficient in CRM Systems (NetSuite) and value the importance of updating
- Proficient with Outlook, MS Office
- Excellent field sales background – ability to build rapport with clients
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Reliable transportation and valid driver's license
- Must be enthusiastic, energetic, competitive and a quick learner
This job requires the employee to be in the field at least 80% of their working time, but 90% is ideal as the Company has found that significant time in the field relates to success in sales.
The remaining 10%-20% of the employee’s working time will be in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Big Joe Handling SystemsBig Joe Handling Systems is the leading supplier for sales and service of Industrial Equipment and Storage systems used in the Warehouse and Distribution centers for the past 60 years.