Big Island Massage Therapy ("Big Island MT") is hiring professional and outgoing Massage Practitioners!
As a compassionate and experienced massage therapist, you deserve to work for a company that will give you the support and freedom to deliver your best work. Our positive and rewarding environment celebrates your achievements and revolves around your needs as a self-motivated professional. Enjoy access to our consistent and loyal clientele, well-supplied environment and flexible scheduling that make it possible to make a good living doing what you love. If you would love to work for a company that recognizes your value and provides you with opportunities for upward growth, apply to join our amazing team!
Review our website: www.bigislandmt.com
Pay Rate: $22/hour
- Perform 20-min, 50-min, and 80-min therapeutic massages (occasionally 110-min); appointments may be reserved or walk-ins with a 2-hour notice.
- Guide clients through our service menu and help them choose the best modality for their health care goals.
- Take detailed histories from clients, including information about medical conditions and injuries.
- Design sessions around clients' complaints (e.g. problem areas, level of stress, pain, etc.)
- Listen to clients before, during, and after therapy; adjust your techniques, attentiveness, and record notes to improve the overall client experience.
- Suggest massage schedules for recurring sessions (e.g. monthly massage for maintenance, biweekly massage for minor issues or pain management, weekly massage for major issues or pain management, etc.)
- Perform light duty and administrative tasks to complete daily operations (e.g. sweep/mop/dust, file records, check clients in and out and record payments through software, restock items, etc.)
- Record and file SOAP documentation for all clients.
- Current and valid HI state license for massage therapy (MAT License #)
- Valid liability insurance required (ABMP or AMTA preferred)
- Valid CPR license
- 1+ years’ experience as a professional massage therapist
- Minimum knowledge:
- Deep Tissue
- Prenatal Massage
- Medical or Orthopedic Massage
- Hot Stone Massage
- Experience working in a spa or therapy center environment preferred
- Reliable transportation required
- Excellent customer service and sales skills
- Responsible, punctual, friendly, and bubbly personality
- Desire to excel, hold responsibility, and prove expertise for advancement
- Willingness to be on-call during scheduled days
- Full-time employees will receive medical benefits through Kaiser or HMSA (working 20+ hours a week)
- Part-time and full-time employees automatically receive 7-days unpaid sick leave after the first 90-days.
- Flexible scheduling: choose your days and shift time (morning or afternoon)
- Overtime is available if shifts need to be covered.
- All supplies and uniforms will be provided.
THIS IS AN EMPLOYEE PAID POSITION, NOT AN INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR POSITION.