You’re Not A Stereotypical Admin Assistant…
Do You Have High Standards and Strong Task-Orientation?
Looking for More for Yourself? Opportunities for Growth and To Make A Bigger Impact!
Join Us to be Part of Building Our Resourceful and Principled Company.
Immediate full-time opening. Big Dog Painting, (Woburn, MA and serving the greater Boston and North Shore areas), an established, progressive and growing residential painting contractor is now accepting applications for a meticulous, assertive, logical individual to join our team. You will be working with an accurate, goal-oriented team.
The Customer-Focused, Seasoned Admin Assistant is a critical part of our company so it’s important that the person we choose will be a “fit” with our commitments and shared values. If you or someone you know would like to be rewarded for your knowledge, efficiency and integrity, please read on or share this.
ABOUT THE JOB - KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Office Administration:
Assist management team with documentation, data-entry, and other follow-up & follow-through. ▪ Act as liaison for all incoming communications, address or forward appropriately ▪ Assist with providing estimate requests using our scripts ▪ Order and manage office supply inventory and order jobsite supplies when requested ▪ Oversee the organization of all electronic and paper files from vendors, customers, employees, etc. ▪ Provide support to marketing and sales staff as needed – manage the marketing calendar, deliver customer gifts, provide research & data-entry support, etc. ▪ Help plan and coordinate quarterly company events for our 10-50 guests
- Project Support:
Ensure customers receive excellent follow-up and progress update communication via phone, email, etc. ▪ Assist with addressing customer needs while delivering excellent service ▪ Communicate and collaborate with staff to assist with scheduling assistance, project support, information requests, etc.
- HR Administration:
Onboard new subcontractors and painters by meeting with them, explaining our paperwork, processes, etc. ▪ Oversee and run our hiring process by posting ads, reviewing applicants, scheduling candidate interviews with hiring manager, etc. ▪ Process payroll by reviewing timesheets, entering information, printing paychecks, etc.
- Light Bookkeeping / Data Entry:
Data-entry of day-to-day financial receipts, invoices, payments, etc. ▪ Ensure financial information is up-to-date, accurate, and available
ABOUT YOU - TRAITS AND SKILLS NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
- You have a preference for maintaining and establishing an organized workplace.
- You enjoy compiling, confirming and organizing information.
- You have the ability to finish tasks despite challenges or resistance.
- You prefer to adhere to rules, regulations, and existing methods.
- You demonstrate self-control and an ability to manage time and priorities.
- You are answerable and accountable for your actions.
- You recover quickly from adversity.
- You treat others fairly, regardless of personal bias or beliefs.
- Previous experience is more important. College degree in Business, Administration or Finance could really help, but not necessary.
- 3+ more years of administrative experience; supporting a high-level manager or business owner;
- Accounting/ Finance experience helpful
- Previous experience overseeing projects - timelines, resources needed, scheduling, etc.
- MS Office, cloud-based software, familiarity with and willingness to learn new technologies
- Ability to pass background check
- General working hours are 7-3:30 with occasional earlier or later hours
- Typically 40-45 hours / week at our office
- $45,000 - $50,000 starting annual salary, depending on experience
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 10 Paid Days of PTO + 6 paid holidays yearly
To arrange a confidential interview, sumbit your resume along with a cover letter explaining what you like about this opportunity.