Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lehigh Valley Allentown, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Essential Job Function: The Volunteer Coordinator position will support the Community Based mentoring program and is responsible for implementing screening, enrollment, and matching procedures for adult volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator will play an essential role in being responsible for achieving grant deliverables and expanding the number of children served.
This is a full-time, exempt position. During periods of high volume enrollment, additional hours may be necessary.
- Ensure that all volunteers receive an engaging, positive and personalized response promoting BBBSLV programs.
- Design and implement recruitment strategies for volunteers.
- Implement volunteer screening procedures and conduct prospective volunteer interviews to determine eligibility.
- Complete reference and background checks for prospective volunteers.
- Facilitate individual or group trainings either in person or virtually.
- Ensure high-level proficiency in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information.
- Take lead on “matching“ Bigs with Littles and provide introductions to all parties.
The successful incumbent will produce positive outcomes in the following areas:
- volunteer yield and processing time,
- match closure rate,
- match retention rate,
- average match length,
- customer satisfaction.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to use time effectively and to focus on details;
- Performance-driven mind-set;
- Customer service orientation;
- Experience working with people from diverse cultures;
- Ability to juggle tasks and set priorities;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other staff.
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, psychology, education, criminal justice or other related major.
- Must have access to a car and valid driver’s license.
- 3-5 years volunteer management or case manager experience.
- Passion for and knowledge of working in diverse communities including people of all races, ages, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, among others.
- Must be able to work three evenings per week.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lehigh Valley
41 S Carlisle StreetAllentown, PA