Match Support Specialist (Chippewa Valley)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Wisconsin Eau Claire, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Match Support Specialist (CV)
Position Title: Match Support Specialist (CV)
Salary Range: $14-$16 per hour
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Reports To: Program Director
Deadline to Apply: Until Position is filled
Hours/Days: Full time 30-40 hours/week
In this business environment rooted in mission, the Match Support Specialist (MSS) provides exemplary customer service by effectively communicating with Bigs (mentors) via telephone, electronic, and face-to-face channels in compliance with the BBBSNW guidelines and expectations. Match Support Specialist must consistently provide excellent customer service, possess effective problem-solving skills, and be willing and able to contribute to the development of their own skills as well as a growing team learning environment. The successful MSS will provide regular, ongoing match supervision for a caseload of children, families, and volunteers.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Associate’s Degree required plus 4 years of experience in social work, counseling, social services, or child development
Knowledge, Abilities, and Experience:
- Patience with a confident and calming presence.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to "read" volunteers.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to follow through and follow up in a timely manner.
- Goal-oriented with a desire to achieve and grow professionally.
- Ability to engage and build relationships with adults and children of all backgrounds and ages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent relational assessment skills. Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Oral and written communication skills that reflect solid customer service.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality throughout daily operations
- Conduct the match meeting, contracts, supervisions, and closures within the guidelines outlined in BBBSNW policies and procedures to ensure a successful and viable relationship.
- Continually assess the match relationship, focusing on: match relationship development, child safety, privacy, positive youth development, and volunteer satisfaction. Identifying, addressing, and resolving real and/or potential problems and barriers as early as possible.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the Supervisor/Manager/Director. Maintain organized and well-documented supervision files in the agency database.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with assigned schools and/or school districts in order to implement the school-based program.
- Represent BBBSNW at various meetings, conferences, events, and other functions as necessary to fulfil the goals of the program.
- Make timely referrals to appropriate agencies when problems are encountered.
- Help at agency program, recruitment, and fundraising events.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
TRAVEL/OFF-SITE REQUIREMENTS: 5- 10%
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Routine office environment. Flexible work hours to meet customer needs. When home visits and site visits are indicated, must travel to local communities, neighborhoods, sites.
- Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state-required automobile insurance minimums.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the CEO
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Wisconsin provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants, as well as employees who are or become disabled, must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The previous statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Wisconsin may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern WisconsinWhy Work Here?
Together, we are defenders of potential!
Our mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth.
424 Galloway StEau Claire, WI
BusinessView all jobs at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Wisconsin