Mentoring Operations Coordinator
- Expired: July 30, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Mentoring Operations Coordinator
POSITION PURPOSE: The primary purpose of this position is to execute operational tasks for match participants and enrollment staff to ensure participants receive great customer service from point of intake through participant closure. Requires high attention to detail, strong customer service and organizational skills.
As part of a team:
• Assist program participants through the initial stages of the inquiry and enrollment processes; demonstrating a high level of proficiency and skill in assessing eligibility and appropriateness for the program.
• Complete background checks, references, and other necessary documentation to aid staff in moving applicants through the enrollment process.
• Contribute to the pre-matching process, where participants are identified as part of a possible match; assess and apply factors contributing to successful and enduring mentoring relationships.
• Process files and obtain all documentation in a timely manner, consistent with Program Policies.
• Maintain accurate and timely data in electronic and physical files.
EDUCATION & RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree; Associate's Degree with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar field; or a minimum of 8 years of experience in a similar field required
• Experience working with adult populations, specifically Parents/Caregivers & Volunteers
• Experience with data entry, customer service, and executing multi-step processes
• Experience working with a diverse population
• Strong planning and organization skills
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work with a variety of staff, volunteers, and families
• Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Technology/computer skills needed. Proficient in the following platforms: MS Office Suite (specifically Word, Excel, & Teams); Outlook, & Zoom.
• Flexible work hours to meet the needs of youth, families, and volunteers, including nights and weekends.
• Home & school visits are a required part of the job.
• Must have car, valid driver's license, and meet state-required automobile insurance minimums
Typical Profile of a Big Brothers Big Sisters Team Member:
- Someone who knows how to make things happen.
- A thinker who can participate in a team environment to create and execute on new projects and goals.
- A self--starter who isn't afraid to work hard.
- Someone who understands what it means to "take ownership" and run with it.
- A planner who can map out the steps to success and follow through.
- Someone who is adaptable and quick on their feet.
- Someone who is curious - always on the lookout for the next opportunity, to create and/or improve.
- Salary will be based upon professional and academic experience (salary range - $38,000-$40,000)
- 401(k)-3% match per year following first year of employment.
- .625cents reimbursement on business miles and 100% of out-of-office parking for business meetings, etc.
- Immediate and 100% coverage on health and dental insurance.
- Life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance following the first ninety days of employment.
- 50% contribution toward daily parking in covered garage (employee covers approximately $26.00 per month).
- 40 hours of paid vacation, following the first ninety days of employment.
- Accrue 1day per month of sick leave(can also be used for family illnesses)-can carry up to 30 days of sick leave.
- 2 personal days per year following the first nine days of employment.
- Annual raises based on performance, culture and agency's ability.
- 11 paid holidays.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri
501 N Grand BlvdSaint Louis, MO
BusinessView all jobs at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri