Accounts Payable Specialist-Fullerton, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Big Brand Tire & Service is rapidly growing and looking to add talented AP specialists to our Accounting Dept. in Fullerton, CA.
The Accounts Payable associate supports the success of Big Brand Tire & Service by working with the Accounting team on a daily basis to insure commercial vendor statements are accurate and paid in a timely manner.
- Check daily business from stores to verify payable invoices are turned in by stores; Checking to verify accuracy of charges and discounts available.
- Check store AP vouchers and verify accuracy of vendor, account number, GL code, and invoice number. Post daily.
- Check all stores Daily Store Receipts Journal to verify deposit, petty cash payouts and manual checks are correct.
- Research and help correct any errors or inconsistencies in totals.
- Review invoices and vouchers for accurateness; Balance to statements; Make sure invoices include any appropriate taxes; Check all available discounts to make sure appropriate discounts were received.
- Enter accounts payable data into our accounting system.
- Process checks, credit cards and other forms of vendor payments in as received.
- Interact with vendors to resolve any account discrepancies or complaints.
- Box up invoices and file appropriately at the end of each month.
- Oversee petty cash drawer and properly document petty cash transactions as required.
- Answer phones as necessary; Check and sort incoming mail; May assist with banking as needed; May assist with accounts receivable as needed.
- Conduct business and working relationships in a professional manner to help create a positive work environment.
- 2-5 years experience in accounting or related field.
- Must maintain confidentiality and discrete handling of confidential information.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to manage time and tasks effectively; the capacity for detail work and experience in systems development; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong Excel and Word skills and the ability to work in a team environment, yet be self-directed, as required.
- Demonstrate the ability to embrace and implement change within an organization.
- Medical, dental and life insurance
- Vision, voluntary life, FSA
- 401k plan with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
About the company:
Big Brand Tire & Service is Big on Fast and Big on Friendly! We are a high-volume one-stop tire and automotive repair shop that has been in business for over 50 years. With store locations in CA, AZ, and CO, we strive to maintain that family feel, because that's how it all started.
If you are passionate about the automotive industry and ready to take on a challenge, apply today and join an organization that pride ourselves on promoting from within and cares about our communities and the continual growth and improvement of our employees and our company.
We are all about investing in our hardworking, dedicated employees and pride ourselves on promoting from within. We can help you develop your skills, and in turn, you can help us grow!
Big Brand Tire & Service is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability or other class or category protected by federal, state or local laws. Big Brand Tire & Service is committed to protecting the safety, health and well-being of employees and individuals in our workplace.
Powered by JazzHR
Big Brand Tire & Service
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Big Brand Tire & Service