Early Childhood Assistant Teacher
Big Blue Marble Academy Auburn, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
Big Blue Marble Academy ("BBMA") is searching for a career-minded educator with the desire to lead children into the 21st Century. Our unique curriculum emphasizes global citizenship, character development, and foreign languages. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter, have strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. BBMA assistant teachers believe they can make a difference in a child's early education years, and possess a true passion for learning as well as teaching. Our teachers are dedicated to supporting our brand and mission of providing global education for children of all ages.
Assistant teachers are responsible for working together with the lead teacher in all daily functions of the classroom to make sure the classroom is functioning smoothly. Assistants have the ability to work with a lead teacher as a mentor who will provide training for the possibility of future positions at BBMA.
In this position, you will be responsible for supervising students, helping implement lesson plans, preparing lesson material, and maintaining classroom tidiness.
Communication and Customer Service: Assistant teachers must have the ability to follow guidance from the Lead Teacher as they develop relationships with parents and caregivers and support the goals and successes of the children in their classes. Must be tech savvy and assist as needed in using required daily activity reports, either written or electronic, to communicate about each child's daily activities.
Operations and Compliance: Follow all procedures for compliance in accordance with the state licensing regulations. Track attendance and transitions. Maintain cleanliness of classroom and other areas as assigned.
Team player: Must be flexible and able to help other team members as needed. Each day is different. Must be prepared to work with all ages, infant through school age, comfortably.
- Must have high school diploma
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of six months experience working in a licensed childcare facility
- Must pass background checks
- Obtain and maintain state in-service training requirements
- Must complete CPR and First Aid training within 90 days if not certified
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, and be able to see, hear, and respond to children's needs, including reaching high, stooping to the child's level, sitting on the floor and rising from the floor and standing for long periods of time.
- Be able to handle, in a positive way, the demands that come with many children and parents physically and emotionally every day.
- Bilingual candidates preferred
We offer a team environment that supports the learning success of children! Our benefits for eligible, full time employees include:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Childcare discounts
- Referral credits
- Voluntary benefits for short-term disability, an accident plan, and critical illness/cancer plans.
- BBMA offers opportunity for growth and on-the-job training to further your career in early childhood education.
- Compensation is competitive depending on educational attainment and years of experience.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of our background check, pre-hire screenings, and onboarding processes. All employment is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause.
Big Blue Marble Academy
EducationView all jobs at Big Blue Marble Academy