Afterschool Lead Teacher
Big Blue Marble Academy Opelika, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
Big Blue Marble Academy ("BBMA") is searching for a career-minded educator with the desire to lead children into the 21st Century. Our unique curriculum emphasizes global citizenship, character development, and foreign languages. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter, have strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. Our teachers are dedicated to supporting our brand and mission of providing global education for children of all ages.
- Classroom Management: Plan, supervise, and implement our program for your assigned class in accordance with BBMA policies and philosophy. Conduct our curriculum and age-appropriate learning activities as outlined. The monthly curriculum theme shall be evident in your classroom through visual displays of students' projects.
- Communication and Customer Service: Develop rapport with parents to facilitate the natural sharing information. Use required electronic daily reports app to communicate about each child's daily activities. The ability to communicate clearly and appropriately with children, directors, peers and parents. Maintain professionalism, superior customer service, and confidentiality.
- Operations and Compliance: Follow all procedures for compliance, including but not limited to tracking and transitions. Maintain cleanliness of classroom and other areas as assigned.
- Team player: Must be flexible and able to help other team members as needed. Must be prepared to work with all school age children from age 5-12.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of high school diploma
- 6 months experience working in a licensed childcare facility
- Must pass background checks
- Obtain and maintain state in-service training requirements
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, and be able to see, hear, and respond to children's needs, including reaching high, stooping to the child's level, sitting on the floor and rising from the floor, and standing for long periods of time
- Be able to handle, in a positive way, the demands that contact with many children and parents bring every day.
- Bilingual is a plus
We offer a team environment that supports the learning success of children! Our benefits for eligible, full time employees include:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Childcare discounts
- Referral credits
- Voluntary benefits for short-term disability, an accident plan, and critical illness/cancer plans.
- BBMA offers opportunity for growth and on-the-job training to further your career in early childhood education.
- Compensation is competitive depending on educational attainment and years of experience.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of our background check, pre-hire screenings, and onboarding processes. All employment is at-will and may be terminated at any time, with or without cause.
BBMA is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Big Blue Marble Academy
EducationView all jobs at Big Blue Marble Academy