IT Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Biff Duncan Associates is a growing Information Technology consulting and services firm serving a wide range of clients. We are looking for a self-motivated and hard-working candidate to fill a full-time IT Support Specialist position.
You will be interacting with clients daily and responding to their technical support requests and issues on the telephone, through e-mail, and in person. Since this role is client-facing, excellent customer service and communication skills are essential.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, this is currently primarily a work-from-home position, but occasional on-site visits to our office, customer facilities, and other locations will be required. Company equipment, including a laptop and an IP telephone, will be provided to you. You must have fast, reliable Internet service at your home
Your typical day will include:
- Providing technical support to our clients by identifying, researching and resolving technical issues in a timely fashion
- Responding to telephone calls, e-mails, and other requests for technical support from our clients, mostly remotely from our office in Neptune, but sometimes on site at client locations
- Monitoring our help desk ticketing system queue for new technical support requests
- Working on projects, both individually and as part of a team
- Preparing laptops, desktops, and other hardware for clients
- Working with manufacturer and vendor support to resolve technical issues relating to both hardware and software
- Installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining clients’ servers, storage, and network equipment
- Performing scheduled upgrades on and applying patches to clients' hardware and software
- Keeping client documentation up to date and accurate in our internal documentation system
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with troubleshooting Windows, Windows Server, Microsoft desktop and server applications (e.g. Office, Exchange, SQL Server), Ethernet, WiFi, and Internet issues
- Must demonstrate a firm grasp of core networking concepts (especially the TCP/IP protocol suite)
- Experience with VMware vSphere, Citrix Workspace, Microsoft 365 and Azure, Google Workspace, Google Cloud Computing, Amazon Web Services, or storage area networking is a plus
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Organizing, planning, and executing commitments in a timely manner
- Working well as a member of a team
- Must participate in a compensated on-call rotation and provide emergency after-hours support to clients as necessary
- At least two years of experience as a Helpdesk Support Specialist or similar role
- The ability to lift and or move up to 50 lbs.
- Possess a reliable personal vehicle with which to travel to and from client sites when necessary (mileage reimbursements will be paid to you)
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time position of 40 regular hours per week, with opportunities for overtime work and advancement.
Starting base pay for this position will be at least $25 per hour, and may be higher, depending on relevant experience and skills.
All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in our group health insurance plan (currently provided by Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey) from the first day of employment, and become eligible to enroll in our 401(k) retirement savings plan after six months of employment.
Other fringe benefits include eligibility to participate in our group long-term disability and AFLAC supplemental insurance programs.
Due to our role as essential infrastructure workers who are occasionally required to interact in close physical proximity with our clients' employees, their customers, and/or members of the general public, full vaccination against COVID-19 (two doses of Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna mRNA vaccines, or a single dose of Janssen/J&J) is a requirement for this position; valid proof of such vaccination must be provided prior to hire. Candidates who cannot be vaccinated due to a specific, documented, bona fide medical exemption or a specific, documented, sincerely-held religious objection must request individual consideration of accommodation, which may or may not be reasonably available for this position.
Biff Duncan Associates, Inc.
3301 State Highway 66Neptune City, NJ
Get fresh IT Specialist II jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.