Bierman ABA is looking for a Medical Billing Specialist to join our team!
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for the role of Medical Billing Specialist. This individual will be part of our Billing & Insurance team and will be tasked with minimizing days in A/R. We value our work culture deeply. Candidate must be a team player, have a highly positive attitude and be driven to complete tasks efficiently.
Bierman ABA is fast growing company. We are an intensive ABA therapy center for children with autism and other intellectual disabilities and are dedicated to providing the highest quality services for children and families. We offer clinic-based comprehensive ABA programs in Indiana, Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We strive to be the best provider of treatment for children with autism while also creating and sustaining a great culture and team.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous experience in medical billing (preferably in any behavioral health related field)
- Experience and knowledge required in utilizing billing/EMR systems
- Knowledge of reviewing and analyzing A/R and patient balance aging reports
- Persistence and problem-solving ability in getting resolution on cases
- Must be willing to work with a team and want to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- Close attention to detail
- Accounts Receivable Resolution
- Use Accounts Receivable aging report to identify, analyze and resolve claims over 30 days old
- File appeals to insurance as needed
- File claims to medical insurance carriers
- Other projects and tasks to support the team
Pay is competitive and based on qualifications and experience. Full-time employees receive benefits including vacation, health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance.
No phone calls please