Bicycle Health is a telemedicine group that specializes in the evidence-based treatment of patients with Opioid Use Disorder using buprenorphine. We’ve grown to a clinical staff of over 20 medical providers caring for patients across as many states, and we employ a large ancillary staff for support with technologic and administrative needs, clinical and behavioral support, and care coordination. Our innovative model has reached over 2000 patients with Opioid Use Disorder and achieves clinical outcomes that exceed expectations for standard-of-care in-person treatment nationally.
The Opioid Epidemic is a public health crisis with a highly effective but underutilized clinical intervention - millions of Americans are physically dependent on Opioids but only 10% of those likely to have OUD actually access treatment. Bicycle Health addresses this gap by maximizing accessibility, affordability, and overall quality of care by enabling highly qualified providers to reach patients broadly and efficiently through our online platform.
We find ourselves in need of additional clinical leadership to improve and maintain care quality as our provider staff continues to grow to meet demand for our service. We are seeking an addiction medicine physician leader to serve as Regional Medical Director reporting to the Chief Medical Officer. The Regional Medical Director will be responsible for developing and implementing clinical policies and procedures as well as direct oversight of a staff of physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants which includes management of quality improvement, performance review, staff training and community-building, and new provider onboarding. The Regional Medical Director will also provide clinical care for a panel of patients with an estimated clinical/administrative time split of 75%/25%.
- Full-time opportunity.
- Combination of clinical (75%) and administrative duties (25%).
- Identify opportunities to expand upon the model of care and work continuously to improve upon the delivery of care to patients in accordance with Bicycle Health mission and vision.
- Lead our team of providers to ensure optimal oversight, adherence to quality and clinical standards, and patient retention.
- Proactively interview to hire talented professionals aligned with Bicycle Health's mission, vision, and values.
- Lead and support development of additional technological and other resources to improve care, and actively participate in quality improvement initiatives, Committees and Workgroups, and all licensing and accreditation activities.
- Provide support as needed and as directed across all departments in the company.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Act as Bicycle Health’s representative to both existing and prospective referral sources within the region.
- Assess trends and monitor Key Practice Indicators (KPIs) within the region, and provide guidance on action plans to meet goals and improve performance.
- Work with our software and product team to build a patient and care team facing technology tools.
Education and Experience Criteria:
- ABPM Board Certified in Addiction Medicine.
- Valid license to practice medicine & DEA license in your home state. Must be eligible and willing to obtain licenses in multiple states.
- Must have an X waiver with ability to treat up to 275 patients
- Minimum 3 years of Buprenorphine prescribing experience required.
- Minimum 5 years post-residency clinical experience in primary specialty preferred.
- Experience managing medical providers
- Experience in quality improvement driving change management in a clinical setting; examples include synthesizing literature, designing clinical protocols, managing stakeholders, designing measures, data collection and evaluation.
- Outstanding communication skills including public speaking, written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment focused on company-level goals.
- Project leadership and management skills.
- Track-record of producing outstanding publications, clinical study reports, and poster presentations.
- A mindset to choose progress over perfection and get things done.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Competitive salary.
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage.
- CME allowance.
- Paid malpractice coverage.
- Work from anywhere in your state (subject to change depending on regulations).
- Flexible hours geared towards work-life balance.
- Autonomy over your work to build your team, set the culture and create impact.
- Work with a talented, enthusiastic and mission driven team of passionate individuals.
Powered by JazzHR