The cloudLibrary Internship position will work with the internal cloudLibrary support teams. In this position you will gain experience working directly with library systems and the solutions that they are implementing within their communities. This position will be performing various tasks to help improve the data within the cloudLibrary system. You will work directly with the collection development team to help build and maximize the digital collections of our library customers. This internship position will also provide opportunities to learn about the technology that libraries are implementing around the world to increase their relevance and impact their communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
- Assist collection development team in helping libraries build their digital collections to better serve the popular and recreational needs of the general public and to ensure that customer demand and the racial, ethnic and cultural diversity of the community is reflected.
- Database improvement and customer trend identification.
- Assist in the process of transferring content for cloudLibrary customers.
- Support the content ingestion team with continual metadata improvement.
- Communications with collection development librarians in our customer base.
- Knowledge of cataloging principles
- Knowledge of the lifecycle management of digital materials
- Ability to understand and apply analytical and statistical tools
- Pursuing a degree in Library Science preferably from an ALA-accredited university; MLIS degree desirable. Will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiar with Excel and Data Manipulation
Comfortable using and explaining software
Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Experience working in a library setting, preferably a public library
- Metadata or Cataloging experience
- Experience in collection development for physical and/or digital content collections