As the Workflow Product Designer, you are central to defining an amazing user experience throughout our internal & proprietary tools, engine, and content creator workflows. You need to have passion and talent as well as be very driven and self-efficient. The tools and workflows this team will produce will service a large content creation team with a wide range of creative skills, input, and technical capabilities.
The Workflow Product Designer is expected to work across these content teams to ensure consistency and excellence in usability, interaction, and quality throughout our tool chain in our quest to deliver a world class user experience to our teams. Excellent cross-team communication/collaboration skills are vital, including the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical people. You will need the ability to quickly grasp complex game development tools/workflows and apply your expertise in product design to a broad range of problem spaces.
- Identify Problem Areas: Use a variety of methods to identify the needs and issues of the end users and generate comprehensive problem statements that will serve as the foundation for new or improved products/features/designs for our tools.
- Communication: Effectively communicate with end users of all backgrounds before, during, and after the development process to ensure that the product accurately meets the needs and expectations of the users while delivering a compelling and intuitive experience
- Collaboration: Work closely with our Technical Art Director, UX and UI designers, and Tools Developers to design, execute, and deliver successful products. This includes identifying and overcoming roadblocks, making appropriate compromises, driving the development of new technology, etc.
- Decision Making: Utilize collaboration, iteration, wire-framing, testing, and other UX best practices to push the products in a direction that drive this studio forward. Be ready to become an expert in your tool set and own the successes and consequences of your decisions.
- Ownership: Drive and own the design of tools though the full development cycle from concept to reality – including creation, design, development, testing, and shipping to end users. It is your job to make sure that the product is progressing forward through each stage of development in a timely manner.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Exceptional usability background -
- Understanding of information architecture, UX flow, layout, hierarchy and fundamental UX design principles
- Understanding of interaction design for complex technical applications in advanced art, design, or engineering.
- High focus on user-centric design process - working to solicit and react to feedback from the user base with the tenacity to produce several rounds of iteration in pursuit of the best user experience
- Excellent cross-functional communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong time-management skills
- Strong technical skills and the ability to quickly grasp new technology, workflows, and software, with the ability to become an expert in nearly any subject
- Passion for and knowledge of games, you play the latest and greatest, and can speak to what qualities make a great game
- Technical Skills
- 3+ years of interaction and UX Design experience
- Advanced prototyping capabilities in UX/UI wire-framing and prototyping tools for (e.g. Sketch, Balsamiq, Axure, Adobe XD)
- Experience implementing design in XAML or HTML
- Experience using AAA game development tools (Unreal, Unity, Maya, etc.)
- Proficient in using the Adobe suite
- Experience using 3D rendering software (e.g. Maya, Keyshot, Marmoset)
- Familiarity with shipping a game in a AAA environment