Technical Writer - Gaming Support
Biblioso Corporation Redmond, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
You will provide writing services to produce high quality support content for various vendor and client stakeholders, and some project management support to create, track, and manage content tasks.
- Writing and updating support/how-to content for gaming audiences to ensure that it is clear, concise, and easy-to-follow.
- Copy review.
- Content consolidation and reformatting.
- Quality control of writing and content display to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Communicating and working with multiple vendor and client stakeholders.
- Balancing multiple assignments with tight deadlines, working independently and as part of a team.
- Act as a content point of contact for the production team.
- Project tracking and reporting as part of a larger PM effort.
- Task creation and maintenance.
- Editorial quality control.
- Asset acquisition and management.
- Content scrub support.
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate, balancing with a collaborative attitude.
- Excellent, collegial verbal and written communication skills that support customer service to both clients and other team. members; following up with loop-closing and documentation.
- Ability to juggle multiple deadlines and responsibilities, triaging and prioritizing multiple competing requests; ability to flex, shift, and refocus.
- Highly skilled in the role; superb attention to detail.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management/planning skills; desire for constant process improvement.
- Open and adaptable to change, constantly learning and improving.
- High tolerance for ambiguity; ability to navigate through ambiguity by raising questions, seeking answers, moving forward with information.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and company evangelist bent.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years online media copy editor/writer experience.
- A passion for gaming and Xbox. Understanding of support needs for both core gaming users as well as broader users in video content, social networking.
- Excellent writing skills, a creative mind, and conflict resolution skills.
- High attention to detail as immense quality check skills are a must.
- Comfortable and confident working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment supporting an online service with millions of users.
- Capable working in Word and with consoles.
- BA in English, journalism, communication, or related field preferred.
- AAA or other enterprise experience a plus.