- Posted: over a month ago
Ministry Description: Worship Pastor
Position reports to the Executive Pastor
The Worship Leader is responsible for assisting the Executive Pastor of Bible Way Fellowship Baptist Church (BWFBC) in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive Music Ministry that impacts the Church Body and celebrates our relationship with God.
- Although this position’s primary role is to oversee the Worship Ministry, the employee must understand that the Church staff works together to accomplish the mission and vision of the Church.
- The Worship Pastor may be asked to assist in other areas, work collaboratively with other staff members and lay leaders, or report to another staff member or designated Church Leader (when deemed necessary and appropriate) to advance the vision and mission of Bible Way Fellowship Baptist Church.
- In the role of Worship Pastor, the employee will have a “seat at the table” and will be an integral voice in developing Church culture and the programs that move Bible Way forward.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
The Worship Pastor is a spiritual and organizational leader overseeing the BWFBC Worship Ministry. Oversight includes, but is not limited to, leading all musical and technical aspects of Sunday services; implementation of BWFBC’s vision, mission, and strategy in the worship area; crafting the themes for each service in conjunction with the Senior Pastor; training and nurturing team members while working with various groups throughout the Church to use music and the arts for worship; and ensuring each worship service is led in such a way that the congregation has an opportunity to celebrate and connect with God.
The Worship Pastor’s role will also allow for sharing God’s Word with the congregation on Sunday mornings and in other contexts.
Assist the Senior Pastor in planning congregational services of the church and be responsible for the selection of the music.
- Lead all aspects of planning and performance of the worship service(s).
- Develop and schedule teams of instrumentalists and vocalists.
- Organize and lead rehearsals.
- Will assume pastoral and discipleship care of the worship and A/V teams.
- Some team members cannot attend regular small groups due to schedules.
- Will serve as a resource person with all worship service teams.
- Communicate weekly with the traditional worship leader team.
- Provide technical support in sound, media, and lighting as needed.
- Assist when needed.
- Manage musical instruments and their maintenance
- Manage computers, sound, and video equipment used in worship.
- Manage volunteer schedules for computer, sound, and video.
- Oversee sound/video/lighting ministry.
- Prepare and input media for services (in coordination with Media L2).
- Check and prepare stage sound equipment
- Plan lighting design for worship services
- Manage and Maintain stage presentation.
- Oversee Worship Ministries for student and children ministries
- Lead worship for student ministries and events.
- Help develop student talents and leadership
- Serve as a resource and assist in Children’s Music and Worship (VBS, Special Events, etc.)
- Develop and manage the Music budget in consultation with the Executive Pastor and traditional service worship leaders.
- The Worship Pastor will maintain regular office hours with the Pastoral Staff.
- Regular office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The Church is open to the public Monday through Thursday (9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) and Friday (8:00 a.m. to Noon).
- The Executive Pastor must approve the Worship Pastor’s work schedule to include the following job-specific responsibilities:
- Sunday Worship Services–Beginning at 7:00 a.m. with an eight-hour minimum commitment based on Churchwide events and Pastoral activities.
- Wednesday Bible Study
- Thursday Choir Rehearsals
- Friday and Saturday Hours – If needed for funerals or other special occasions
- The Executive Pastor must approve a deviation from regular office hours.
- The Worship Pastor will work with the Pastoral Staff to provide church leadership when other staff members are away for meetings, vacations, etc.
- The Worship Pastor will represent BWFBC at Events with the Senior Pastor and promote the various BWFBC churchwide events.
- The Worship Pastor will attend relevant staff and committee meetings and give direction to the Worship Team.
- A Christian with deep spiritual and moral convictions.
- Have training/experience in worship ministry.
- A baccalaureate degree is preferred.
- Agreement with the doctrinal position of BWFBC.
- Ability to lead, organize, and supervise.
- Proficient in Church software.
- Team Player: contributes to the Church’s overall vision, goals, and ministries.
- Self-starter; self-motivated.
- Works well within the pastoral and Church culture.
- To the Executive Pastor on a day-to-day basis.
- To the Church Executive Team, primarily through Team Meetings.
- To the Congregation through Worship Service Coordination.
- To the Senior Pastor through regular staff meetings, informing him of objectives, programs, and work schedules.
Salary and Benefits:
- The Executive Pastor, at its annual review, shall prepare a budget request for the compensation of the Worship Pastor and submit recommendations to the Finance Board.
- The Worship Pastor shall receive time for an annual vacation with pay.
- 1-5 years of service – 2 weeks of vacation
- 6-10 years of service – 3 weeks of vacation
- 11 or more years of service – 4 weeks of vacation
- Salary will be reflective of education, skills, and work experience representing this service area
- Become a Bible Way Fellowship Baptist Church member and sign the Church Covenant.
- Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed bible study, prayer, and
- If married, maintain proper priorities in your home and be a spiritual leader to your spouse and children.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities, both within and outside the
- If you are a Bible Way Fellowship Baptist Church member, you are expected to financially support the works of the ministries by faithfully giving at least 10% of your gross
- If you are not a member, we would like for you to consider financially supporting the works of the church.
- Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90% of your income.
Bible Way Fellowship Baptist Church
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?