- Local and home every day
- paid sick days, paid holidays, and PTO
- Full benefits - medical, dental, and life insurance
- 401k, plus company match
Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of multiple warehouses, or both transportation and warehousing operations within a single site. Duties and responsibilities include generating revenue and minimizing operating expenses, formulating operational policies and procedures, managing customer relations, overseeing daily operations, workforce planning, facility planning and maintenance, ensuring safety and security of entire operations, planning and scheduling the use of materials and staffing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Directs and coordinates activities directly related to the transporting and warehousing of customer product and/or providing secondary services such repacking.
2. Reviews financial statements, inventory and production reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and process improvement.
3. Leads and manages staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties. Monitoring performance, disciplining when needed, setting salaries and pay ranges.
4. Conducts informational staff meetings. Communicates projects and goals to meet customer and business objectives.
5. Directs and coordinates organization’s financial and budget activities to minimize operational expenses, maximize revenue, and increase efficiency.
6. Establishes and implements departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with executive management, customers, and staff members as necessary.
7. Determine staffing requirements and workforce planning; interviews, hires and trains new employees, or oversees those personnel processes.
8. Plans and directs activities such as customer promotions and projects, coordinating with other department heads as required.
9. Determines inventory, warehouse space, equipment needs, maintenance of equipment and facility, transportation needs, based on forecasts of customer demand.
10. Monitor vendors, suppliers and staffing agencies to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
11. Manage the movement of goods into and out of warehouse facilities.
12. Punctuality and regular attendance is mandatory.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related course of study. Two years of related experience. Candidates with associate’s degree and 5 or more years of related experience will be considered.
- 5+ years of experience in raw food material distribution
- Customer and Personal Service—Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Personnel and Human Resources—Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Economics and Accounting—Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking, and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Mathematics—Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Computers and Electronics—Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- English Language—Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Clerical—Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Sales and Marketing—Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Production and Processing—Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Administration and Management—Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Veterans encouraged to apply.