Bhate Geosciences has an excellent opportunity for a highly professional and motivated individual to make an impact within our successful professional service firm. We have an immediate opening for a Marketing Coordinator to work in our Birmingham, Alabama office.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions including, but not limited to, communications, technical and professional writing, advertising, branding, digital marketing and social media. The candidate must be an organized multitasker, able to handle many diverse projects at once and meet tight deadlines.
Position Purpose: To work with and support management staff with various business development activities. This includes having 1) an understanding of our customers 2) design and prepare marketing materials, 3) developing and implementing telephone and web-based marketing campaigns directed at specific client segments and 4) develop productive contacts with potential clients maintain solid relationships with our existing client base
Position duties: The selected candidate will receive hands-on training in each service division of our company. We take the time to develop and train the right individuals to handle tasks competently and take initiative. Our team members have opportunities for growth that reflect their capability, work ethic and dedication.
• Make multiple daily outbound calls to existing and potential clients and follow leads. Convert potential customers into actual customers with energy and determination by understanding client goals, needs and interests.
• Assist with preparation of high quality presentations, brochures, award submittals, newsletters and web based communications. Edit technical content for target audiences;
• Maintaining corporate website and social media channels;
• Prepare and submit press releases and technical articles; coordinate special events and speaking opportunities;
• Collaborate for internal or external presentations and/or staff events;
• Development and maintenance of databases and marketing files. Participation in the continual improvement of marketing materials including creation, update, and maintenance of staff resumes and project descriptions. Weekly update of marketing activity.
• Able to work with limited supervision in a team environment
• Excellent time management and goal achievement skills
• Ability to work well under deadline pressure and handle multiple assignments concurrently;
• Planning of client events
Skills and Qualifications
• 1-3 years of experience in marketing
• Must have strong organizational and project management skills, as well as attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
• Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices, including social, digital and email marketing
• Must be a self-starter and able to independently move projects forward, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Must have a high level of creativity
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, Engineering, Construction, Business or related field
• Experience with Adobe Suite Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, InDesign • Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
• Working knowledge of HTML and email software
This position offers an excellent long term career opportunity. We are committed to helping our employees grow in their skills and personal achievements. Our company offers competitive salary, BCBS insurance, 401-K plan and other company benefits are available to qualified candidates.
Why Work Here?
Bhate strongly believes in excellent training, professional ethics and mentoring to help our staff succeed and build a future.