BHATE Geosciences, a nationally recognized 45-year engineering firm has an immediate opening in our Birmingham office for a Construction Materials Testing Logistics Manager. This is a full-time position in Birmingham, Alabama. The ideal candidate for this management position should have a bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, logistics, business or operations. Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
This position requires a high level of decision making and prioritization and will regularly interact with upper management as well as professional staff. He or she will serve as an internal liaison between the CMT department, Accounting and Human Resource departments.
Our company strongly believes in excellent training, professional ethics and mentoring to help our staff succeed and build a future long term career with our reputable company. If you have a strong desire to succeed and are enthusiastic, highly organized with strong interpersonal, technical and written communication skills, you may be the right person for this job.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Vehicle Fleet Inventory and Plan Management
· Inventory and Maintenance of all Testing Equipment (this will include training in order to provide calibration, leak testing, recognizing
repair needs, etc.).
· Order, Inventory and Maintain Field Supplies for technicians
· Implement and maintain system for Badging and Credentials for technicians as needed per project requirements.
· Support Laboratory Supervisor in maintenance, regulation and supply requirements as needed for the testing laboratory and
· Coordination of safety (maintain PPE supply, complete safety questionnaires, maintain Health & Safety manual, etc.)
· Quality Control coordination (update laboratory quality manual based on current standards, contact project team members, etc.)
Valid driver's license, reliable transportation.
We are a drug free company and you will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screen.
Company provides generous BCBS health insurance, 401K, holidays and vacation benefits subject to qualifications. Excellent compensation package for qualified candidates
Job Type: Full-time
Why Work Here?
Bhate strongly believes in excellent training, professional ethics and mentoring to help our staff succeed and build a future.