Engineering Technician - Environmental Sampling and Testing Technician
Bhate Geosciences- Gulf Coast Office Destin, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
BHATE Geosciences, a nationally recognized 45 year engineering firm has immediate openings in our Panama City, FL office for Civil, Geotechnical and construction materials Engineers and Construction Technicians and Trainees. The candidates should be civil engineers or persons with construction materials testing and inspection background for engineers, technicians, interns and trainees in our Construction Materials, Special Inspections and Geotechnical Divisions.
Our company strongly believes in excellent training, professional ethics and mentoring to help our staff succeed and build a future long term career with the company. If you have a strong desire to succeed and are enthusiastic, highly organized with strong interpersonal, technical and written communication skills, you are the right person for this job. We are seeking motivated, hardworking individuals with good work ethic, computer skills with eagerness to learn and apply themselves to progress into future project management positions.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- After initial training and learning of required ASTM, FDOT, ACI and IBC procedures, the individuals will perform proper field sampling, construction materials testing, special inspections and report preparation.
- Assist the senior engineering staff with project execution. Develop an understanding of engineering and construction principles.
- Ability to read project plans and understand construction specifications
- Conduct materials laboratory testing procedures, gather, process and check field and laboratory data.
- Perform research and information gathering and to assist senior professionals.
- Will provide training and assist with achieving the necessary certifications. Construction experience a plus.
- Must be willing to travel, if needed.
Prefer individuals with civil or geotechnical or materials engineering or construction materials testing and inspection background. Valid driver's license, reliable transportation and the ability to travel on occasion required. We are a drug free company and you will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug screen.
Company provides generous BCBS health insurance, 401K, holidays and vacation benefits subject to qualifications. Excellent compensation package for qualified candidates
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $24.00 per hour
Individuals in this position generally work independently from others with limited contact with other construction personnel.
Bhate Geosciences- Gulf Coast OfficeWhy Work Here?
BHATE believes in excellent training, professional ethics and mentoring to help our staff succeed and build a long-term career.
BHATE Geosciences, Inc., is a company with over 45 years of experience as a nationally recognized geotechnical and testing professional engineering firm.
Energy and Environment