Bhate is seeking a Health & Safety Coordinator with 5 to 10 years of experience working in engineering, consulting, or contracting, preferably in the environmental engineering/construction field. This position will provide general support and assistance to the Health and Safety Director. Current Certified Safety Professional and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist registration or equivalent is desired. Individual must have knowledge of up-to-date safety and industrial hygiene requirements for remedial and construction-related projects. Leading applicants will have working knowledge of Health and Safety Programs in accordance with USACE EM 385-1-1 and ER 385-1-92. Candidates should possess practical knowledge of engineering methods and techniques, and essential duties include assisting the Health and Safety Director with implementation of safety procedures for investigation/remediation projects, construction projects, demolition, asbestos, lead paint, and mold abatement projects with inspection, monitoring, and control of remedial/construction/demolition operations.
Job requirements will include basic risk assessments, safety inductions and administrative work. Good communication skills, both verbal and written, are also required. Candidates must be versatile, have good problem solving skills and able to work well independently. Computer literacy is a must and proficiency with Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Access) software is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5 to 10 years of applicable health and safety experience in environmental consulting or construction.
- CIH preferred, or ability to obtain.
- CSP and/or CHMM preferred, or ability to obtain.
- Specific experience working on CERCLA, RCRA, Construction, and demolition projects with the USEPA, Air Force, Army, Navy, USACE, and AFCEE is extremely beneficial.
- 40-hr HAZWOPER trained with updated 8-hr annual refreshers + 8 hr Supervisor.
- OSHA 30-hr for Construction course within the last 3 years.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification preferred.
- Asbestos and lead certifications/licenses preferred.
- Experience with industrial hygiene monitoring equipment and OSHA/NIOSH sampling methodologies.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT regulations, and federal construction requirements preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Experience with behavior based safety initiatives.
Competitive compensation and benefits are available and will be determined based on related experience and knowledge.