Senior Systems Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
This position supports a U.S. Government customer on a large, mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment, including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. We're looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Working on individual projects as well as part of larger team projects with minimal supervision from the Lead Systems Engineer
- Leading a team in design and implementation of COTS-based solutions on single instances or across clustered devices
- Supporting the development of system security documentation on both new and deployed solutions
- Supporting the development of new capabilities
- Supporting the operations and maintenance aspects of deployed capabilities
- Must be a US Citizen
- 8+ years of directly relevant systems administration experience including hands-on experience with one or more of the following:
- Linux preferably Red Hat Enterprise
- Linux (RHEL) 6 or 7, or VMware
- Must have in-depth knowledge of OS installations, security hardening and maintenance
- Strong experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities, including good understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework
- Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console
- Solid experience with Microsoft’s Azure cloud services
- Solid experience configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Comfortable with building physical and virtual servers from scratch
- Ability to deploy and integrate new applications that may be requested
- Capable of quickly learning new applications that run on various operating systems for testing and deployment
- Experience with administration and management of servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup and recovery
- Experience with performance tuning and troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- Experience with the fundamentals of scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments (e.g. Bash Shell, Python, and Kickstart technologies)
- Integration and implementation experience with various services, LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies
- Familiarity of configuration management
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with software development using JAVA, RESTful services is a plus
- Comfortable with multilevel security systems, SELinux, and/or Cross Domain Solutions is a plus
- Experience with physical and virtual (VMware) RHEL servers including Red Hat Satellite Servers
- Experience working in DevOps and/or DevSecOps environments
- Experience with technical implementation projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field.
- Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
- AWS certifications
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?