Behavior Consultant - Dog
- Posted: 9 days ago
Beyond the Dog is currently seeking a full-time dog trainer to join our team! This is an entry-level position and perfect for recent graduates with a Biology, Psychology, Animal Sciences, or Wildlife degree! We service clients and their dogs in the greater Kansas City area and beyond, addressing a variety of behavioral and obedience concerns. Led by Dr. Echterling-Savage, we operate with a strong focus on the science of dog training and behavior!
Check out what it takes to be a professional trainer below!
- Responsible for the daily training of dogs (and sometimes cats, birds, etc.) through various training programs at the client's location.
- Work flexible hours on a Monday-Friday schedule.
- Selectively board/board and train current and previous clients' dogs.
- Work closely with a team consisting of a Certified Applied Animal Behaviorist, a Board Certified Behavior Analyst, a Certified Dog Behavior Consultant, and Certified Professional Dog Trainers.
- Bachelor's degree required (Biology, Psychology, Animal Sciences, or Wildlife degree preferred)
- Strong interest in and some experience working with animals, but do not need experience serving as a dog trainer.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to forge effective relationships with clients to facilitate learning.
- Ability to react quickly and positively to feedback and constructive criticism.
- Written and verbal communication skills which will allow accurate record-keeping and reinforce training.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and keep to a schedule throughout the day as you transition from case to case.
- Have a reliable mode of transportation and be available to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings.
- Reside in a home with no more than one roommate and be available to house dogs as needed for Boarding or Board and Train, including occasional weekends and holidays.
Beyond The Dog
AddressKansas City, MO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?