Director of Marketing
Beyú Caffè Durham, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Beyu Group
Job Description: Director of Marketing and Sales aka The Director of Keeping It Poppin’
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer and the Vice President of OperationsJob Summary
The Director of Marketing and Sales (DMS), known internally as the Director of Keeping It Poppin’, works closely with the CEO, VP of Operations, and the senior leadership team to advance all aspects of the company's sales, marketing, and PR goals through the lens of the brand’s identity, vision, and core values. The DMS will also work with outside agencies and consultants as an extension of our marketing team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing effective sales and marketing strategies to realize and sustain financial targets and cultivating new leads and business opportunities to fuel company growth and profitability.
The culture at Beyu is unique in that we value our team dynamics over other measurables. Therefore, the ideal candidate would not only meet the skillset criteria outlined but also possess the attributes of teamwork and the ability to roll up their sleeves and implement as they go. The DMS must be agile in her or his approach to completing critical tasks with limited resources. Our core business currently operates on a Tuesday through Sunday schedule and as a result, the DMS may be required to support our operations team during operating hours on an ad hoc basis.
To uplift and inspire communities through excellence.
Our Core Values
- Just Be You (unless you’re a jerk, then be ‘you’ someplace else)
- Hunger for Excellence
- Go the Extra Mile
- Be Service Driven
- Lead with Integrity
- Teamwork over Ego. Always!
- Strategize and manage ongoing campaigns for all businesses, including, but not limited to, store-level and digital campaigns
- Act as the point person for marketing vendors to coordinate scheduling and monitor performance of ads
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date online presence for all businesses, including changes to menus and hours of operation
- Maintaining websites and ensuring all event and promotional information is highly visible
- Work with operations broader team to develop successful strategies and campaigns that attract new customers and keep current clients
- Collaborate with other executives to make high-level decisions such as costs, budget and the direction of the company
- Create and maintain a successful brand and image that attracts customers to the product or service
- Work with business development team and/or ideate new initiatives
- Manage agency providers, consultants, freelancers and other marketing suppliers
- Oversee the operation of a company’s website or email marketing program and provide analytics review
- Collaborate with the business team to uncover insights and strategies to develop and implement marketing and branding strategies for new and existing products, internally and externally
- Understand key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to provide market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, campaign results, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights Clarifying the year's marketing goals and generating results projections
- Create protocols for marketing communications
- Measure campaign effectiveness in real time
- Tracking campaign spends to ensure cost-effectiveness
- Generate pricing strategies for new and existing products and services
- Maintaining marketing calendar- yearly goals are broken down in to daily, weekly, monthly targets
- Develop POP displays for store locations and ensure brand look and feel is consistent and accurately reflected.
- Develop marketing strategy for catering
- Participate in local school partnerships and community events
- Manage and standardize all donation requests
- Analyze marketing challenges, implement creative solutions and assess results based on gathered data and company goals
- Oversee and occasionally design marketing materials
- Manage website, ensuring that it is both visually and contextually efficient
- Strategically generate new and evergreen photo, video, and written content for digital marketing (social, email, website, and restaurant collateral) that informs, connects, and engages guests and visitors.
- Develop search engine optimization (SEO) strategies to drive traffic to the website
- Draft press releases relating to new restaurant openings, initiatives, and events.
- Foster ongoing media relations by sharing updates and potential stories.
- Tracking and responding to comments and other guest feedback outlets across channels, such as emails, Yelp, Google reviews, etc.
- Identifying areas for improvement and business development
- Network and build relationships with local businesses and community
- In Restaurant activation: Always ask the question, what can we do in the restaurant to create an experience of care and comfort as if we were dinner party hosts?
- Manage other special projects as assigned
Leadership, Talent Development, & Staffing
- Attend weekly status meetings with CEO, Senior Leadership, and Operations team.
- Interview candidates for jobs in the marketing department
- Establish and maintain departmental processes and procedures to ensure best industry practices
- Review current marketing trends and advertisements to determine the effectiveness of different styles and strategies
- Research competitors to stay current with similar products or services on the market
- Develop marketing strategies for new products or services that comply with current company standards.
- Develop and implement marketing plans, including promotional calendars and programs, new product introductions and other marketing projects
- Develop sales forecasting and product branding plans
- Conduct customer, brand and product research initiatives
- Create marketing plans and promotions for company initiatives such as online reservations and ordering, restaurant openings and other events pertaining to The Beyu Group’s various brands
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, or communications. Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent leadership, communication, and decision-making skills
- Experience with digital marketing, including content marketing, and social media, eCommerce
- 7 years minimum of experience in sales, marketing, public relations, social media management, development, web design and/or related areas of focus
- 4+ years of experience leading a marketing team in the hospitality or restaurant industry
- A professional, multi-task oriented, organized leader who possesses dynamic verbal and written communications skills.
- Successful track record in senior marketing roles and creating marketing campaigns
- Aptitude in graphic design, packaging design, content creation and editing
- Experience with marketing analytics; expert knowledge of Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, Instagram, Klayvio, and Typeform are preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities while working both independently and with a team.
- A genuine team player who can work closely with all levels and with proven success working with a visionary leader.
- Innovative and creative self-starter with the ability to devise solutions to complex problems and take a hands-on approach to implement those solutions.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Proven ability to plan and manage budgets
- Ability to travel 50% in the Triangle region and legally drive in North Carolina.
- Competitive base plus bonus with a career path to VP of Marketing if successful
Email a cover letter and resume to Beyu HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as received and the opportunity will remain open until filled. Please reference the role in the email subject line (e.g. “Director of Marketing and Sales”).
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Beyú Caffè