Back-End Software Engineer (Event Experience & Management)
Bevy Atlanta, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
About Bevy: 100% Remote Organization
Bevy is an early stage Startup with a mission to help brands build, grow and scale their virtual and in-person communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Ebay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In April 2019, Bevy acquired CMX which is the world's largest network of community professionals. CMX offers world-class training, events and research for the community industry. In March 2021, we raised a $40M series C investment. For this funding round, we've built a coalition of investors that reflect the communities that we live in every day.
As a Back-end Software Engineer on the Event Experience & Management team you will be responsible for the core engine that drives our virtual event and management flows. You will work cross functionally with product, support and design to deliver a delightful experience to our event attendees. This is a mission critical role where you will use your strong Django/Python skills to creatively design and implement mission-critical features.
- Work cross-functionally to Implement APIs and services for the attendance & management of virtual, hybrid, and in-person events for Bevy platform.
- Research new technologies to support product features in the roadmap
- Work closely with stakeholders to research, develop, test, and ship features using Django and React that will make the Bevy platform experience simpler and more delightful.
- Fix defects within the product - we allocate approximately 20% of our time to tech debt and defects.
- Code review - we're moving quickly and can't always arrive at the best solution on our own.
- Writing everything down - Bevy's engineering team is 100% remote, and we need to make sure our teammates are set up for success as well.
- Learn, learn, learn, share knowledge with your team, and help introduce or improve daily processes
- Support Customer Success teams as they enable our customers to run events around the world
What we're looking for:
- You are an intermediate level Django/REST framework developer who has worked on user-facing software.
- Familiar with infrastructure-as-a-service services (Pusher, Pubnub, etc.) and/or Django Channels
- You're a creative problem solver that loves to evaluate and make tradeoffs. We have to be reliable, because we might only have one chance to get an event right, but we also have to move quickly.
- Have a focus on delivering customer value. You think in terms of solving problems, not in terms of writing code. Sometimes, the best solution might not involve writing code at all.
- You can communicate to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences. You'll often be in the situation of releasing a new feature, then explaining how it works to a non-technical audience as it is used the very next day.
- Bonus if you've worked with WebSockets and real time apps.
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
Although we are a remote company, we try to minimize the time zone spread within our teams. Our daylight working hours are within the North and South America's timezone.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We will want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way.
Learn More About Our Engineering Team Here
TechnologyView all jobs at Bevy