The Development Manager is a key leader within the company that is responsible for managing a team of Project Managers, Buyers, and an Application Scientist to provide outstanding service to clients through the product development phases of making a beverage. This Manager will partner closely with the Supply Chain Manager and report to the VP of Operations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Complete satisfaction of development customers, vendors, and employees is the primary responsibility
- LMA for the Product Development and CP department of 9 employees through implementation and maintenance of “Best Practice” processes, enhanced teamwork, standards of accountability, and utilization of EOS
- Maintain consistently high customer satisfaction levels and create raving BevSource customers and vendors for life
- Maintain and grow top client and vendor relationships which may require routine traveling
- Manage the P&L for your departments
- Ensure that KPI’s are established and met
- Ensure proper training is in place for departments for new hires and ongoing
- Provide line of sight to your team by communicating a clear Vision which will be achieved through the execution of specific department objectives
- Ensure department objectives are aligned with the organizations objectives as detailed in the organization objectives and the 1 and 3 year plans
- Maintain a high standard of service for all clients and vendors
- Manage the hiring process with HR which includes reviewing resumes, conducting face-to-face interviews, and making hiring decisions
- Lead and manage weekly Department meetings to align activities with business goals and objectives
- Execute a continuous improvement program within your team
- Negotiate with various top vendors to guaranty cost savings strategies are taken along with ensuring quality is up to or above customer expectations
- Develop, maintain, and utilize beverage industry knowledge – You and your team be the experts!
- Work with Development Team to manage and develop new and existing vendors
- Negotiate with vendors on volume pricing, rebates, exclusive relationships, etc.
- Lead Development Team in the research, identification, and recommendations on co-packers for new customers and projects
- Lead Development Team in the preparation of cost of goods sold and cash modeling for new product concepts
- Review all cost modeling for accuracy prior to final presentation
- Lead Development Team in the commercialization process for production set-up of new products
- Review and audit employee weekly time tracking to analyze time spent on BevSource accounts
- Manage the Pre-Production Checklist, including continuous improvement
- Establish efficient and proper project timelines
- Travel to manufacturing facilities to monitor large-scale production for new BevSource clients and/or large-scale production of new products for existing BevSource clients may be required
- Utilize MRP software and systems effectively
- Support VP, Operations as needed
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical discipline or equivalent required
- 5-7 years’ minimum of applicable experience
- Passionate and customer service driven with strong, interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Proven ability to lead, inspire and influence a team
- Superior problem-solving skills and capabilities
- Excellent NetSuite MRP software understanding and skills
- Self-directed, hard-working, detailed and results oriented
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and grow within the company.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel up to 25% of the time (including nights, weekends, and international)
Why Work Here?BevSource provides outsourced beverage production, operations, procurement, and logistics solutions to beverage entrepreneurs and supply chain executives. We turn our clients’ visions and dreams into reality more efficiently and effectively by working side by side to develop an operational strategy and then execute on it. We do this by leveraging our beverage operations expertise, our long-term relationships with top manufacturers, and our problem-solving Make it Happen attitude. BevSource is a small to mid-sized company with about $50 million in sales and 50 employees located in the northern suburbs of St. Paul, MN.
We help beverage entrepreneurs bring their dreams to reality!
Saint Paul, MN