Heavy-duty Truck Mechanic
- $22 to $38 Hourly
Be rewarded for your skills and abilities! Betts Truck Parts & Service is seeking a skilled diesel mechanic for our Santa Fe Springs branch. Our Service Technicians repair and overhaul brake, suspension, and steering-related systems. We work on a variety of automobiles, buses, trucks, trailers, and other vehicles. Our Santa Fe Springs location is open Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
Betts is a family-owned company in business for over 150 years. We specialize in parts and service work for suspensions, brakes, wheel ends, and more on a variety of vehicles. We currently operate 8 locations on the west coast and offer competitive compensation packages, bonus incentive programs, health benefits, vacation time, and paid holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Positively represents Betts to all customers, vendors associates, and other contacts in a respectful and professional manner.
- Examines vehicle and discusses with Service Manager the nature and extent of damage or malfunction.
- Completes paperwork documenting parts needed and description of work to be performed.
- Replaces components such as springs, walking beams, u-bolts, hangers, torque arms, equalizers, kingpins, drag links, air systems, shocks, brakes, and other suspensions, and steering-related parts.
- Basic knowledge of functions of air brake systems.
- Ability to properly use a cutting torch and have the capability to weld.
- Understanding of brake hydraulic systems including testing.
- Understanding of steering and suspension components.
- Ability to measure components and verify if they are in or out of specifications.
Completion of a four-year apprentice training program in heavy-duty vehicle equipment repair, or four years of equivalent experience in heavy-duty vehicle equipment repair. Completion of a heavy-duty vehicle repair program from a recognized college or vocational school of at least two years duration may substitute for one year of the required experience.
Betts Truck Parts & ServiceSanta Fe Springs, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.