Capital Trucking: CDL Truck Driver
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Truck Driver is responsible for operating a commercial heavy truck on public highways and on construction jobsites in a safe and efficient manner. Heavy trucks may include end dump trucks, dump trucks, water trucks, or lowboy trailer trucks. End dump and Dump trucks will haul aggregates, sand, concrete, hot-mix asphalt, and other construction materials to active work zones. Lowboy drivers will haul heavy equipment to and from jobsites. The commercial truck driver must also complete pre-trip checks, assist with fluid checks and maintenance, securing loads, cleaning, and other duties as directed by the Foreman or Operations Manager.
Excellent Benefits & Incentives!!
- Highly Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO) - Personal, Vacation, Holidays
- Employee Bonus Program Opportunities: Annual Incentive, Sign-on, Referral, Safety, Profit-Sharing
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and Employee Wellness Program
- Life Insurance, Disability, and Retirement Options
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- On the Job Training with a Strong Emphasis on Safety
- Stable Company with Strong Growth
- A Culture that Values Professional Growth, Development, and Internal Promotion
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for operating the truck in a safe and efficient manner according to company policy, as well as FMCA guidelines
- Responsible for following verbal and written directions
- Responsible for performing daily maintenance and pre-trip checks
- Responsible for cleaning the truck
- Responsible for making sure that the truck is secured at the end of the shift
- May perform other duties as assigned by Foreman or Operations Manager
- Must be able to follow directions and operate truck safely
- Must be able to maneuver and back truck as required
- Must have a working knowledge of construction job-site activities
- Must be able to climb into, on, and around truck and trailer
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and squat as required for various duties
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs.
- Must adhere to safety requirements and policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must be able to work in a team environment and assist co-workers and supervisors with other duties as required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License
- Must have a valid medical card as per DOT standard
- Must have a good driving record with no major violations
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Complete and pass pre-employment testing, including a drug screen and physical
- 2 years’ experience operating tractor-trailer
- Knowledge of various construction equipment
Thank you for your interest in applying with one of the Bettis Companies. The Bettis Group of Companies includes: Bettis Asphalt & Construction, Mid-States Materials, Capital Trucking, Bettis Contractors, Bettis Fabrication, Capital Crane, Harbour Construction, Koss Construction, Midwest Pavement Grinding and PTMW. If the position you applied for is filled or we feel your experience fits another job, your information may be sent to one of the other Bettis Companies if an opening is available.
Capital Trucking, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Women, Minorities, and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Transportation and Storage
Get fresh Heavy Truck Driver jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.