Better Provisioning Company is currently recruiting both full and part-time Budtender to work in a compassionate and dynamic environment. We serve the needs of both individuals benefiting from medical cannabis recommendations, and beginning in November, adults seeking recreational use. The Budtender must be well versed in the wide variety of benefits provided through cannabis and comply with all applicable local, state and federal laws. Regulations require all employees to be age 21 years or older.
Under the direction of the Provisioning Center Management, the responsibilities of the Budtender includes greeting patients and retail customers, orientating them about strains and use, and methods of delivery and titrations (dosage). The Budtender must understand how strains work to alleviate the different symptoms and illnesses for which cannabis may be recommended. A keen awareness of the differences between Indica, Sativa, and Hybrids is essential as well as knowledge of CBD and other cannabinoids.
The Budtender must be personable, well-groomed and knowledgeable about the industry. Knowledge of city and state provisioning center guidelines is required. You will be trained by provisioning center management and may attend formal patient consulting seminars or industry related educational events. The Budtender position may be either part or full-time up to 40 hours per week. Full-time employees may elect benefit packages with health, dental, vision insurance, and are entitled to paid time off after completion of a 60 day probationary period.
Job Knowledge/Skills Required:
· Up-to-date knowledge of the Cannabis Industry is a must
· Be professional, caring and compassionate, well mannered, outgoing, and courteous
· Always be upstanding, ethical, honest, respectful and sincere to customers, team and management.
· Build faith in our brand as purveyor of premium products backed by superior care, support and consideration.
· Must be punctual, trustworthy and reliable with strong organizational skills
· Must be computer literate
· Resourceful and takes initiative on tasks and projects
· Ability to accurately manage cash register
· Commitment & enthusiasm towards achieving company mission and goals
· Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with a diverse group of people
· Strong oral communication, time management skills and capacity to multi-task
· Ability to work varying shifts, evenings, and weekends.
Education and/or Experience
· Must be age 21 years or older to work in this position
· Two years of direct customer service experience required
· Prior experience in solving customer and work-related problems
· Works independently or as a team member
· Must be reliable, on-time and demonstrate consistent attendance
Medical marijuana card holder preferred