Director of Business Development, Payor
- Posted: over a month ago
At Better Life Partners, we aim to rebuild communities by transforming lives.
Today we are specifically focused on bringing high quality, accessible and effective care to those with Addiction Disorders, especially those in communities for whom traditional care has been found lacking. We provide evidence-based, scalable, holistic healthcare while working alongside community-based organizations to ensure that our care is accessible, non-punitive and responsive to our communities.. We build trusted relationships and healing spaces to nourish Belonging, Love, and Purpose.
Our team is seeking a passionate and mission-aligned Director of Business Development, Payor to help develop and manage our payor strategy and operations reporting directly to the CEO. As Director of Business Development, you will nurture and grow payor relationships working to develop new payor contracts that meet Payor needs and advance the BLP mission. You will have an understanding of managed-care, value-based care and the Medicaid product and love working cross-functionally to drive programs that meet Payor needs. You will have experience in developing payor relationships through to completed contracts and will spike on payor management and operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with BLP executive leadership, build and maintain payor business development strategy and tactics, identifying milestones and significant metrics for the Payor process and driving team to meeting milestones
- Manage and drive business development meetings ensuring all appropriate deliverables ( decks, proposals etc) are ready and BLP team is prepped for a successful meeting.
- Actively generate new business opportunities in concert with BLP leadership that align with company strategy and OKRs
- Actively originate relationships with peers in the payor space to help support and finalize opportunities
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of the industry and competitive landscape
- Craft and keep current slides and other story-telling artifacts to drive payor conversations
- Model financial assumptions to support proposed payor contracts and work with department leads to drive basic programmatic assumptions/iterations as needed
- Draft and edit with the leadership team, proposed letter of intents, memorandums of understandings and contracts
- 5+ years of sales experience in the healthcare industry
- Experience selling in the behavioral health space, and a strong working knowledge of the market
- Exceptional customer relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expert proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint including in creating and developing presentations and basic financial modeling
Nice to Haves:
- Master's Degree in business, public health or finance
- 7+ years experience securing contracts with both regional and national health plans
- Experience in a start-up or high-growth environment
- Experience successfully leading payor conversations through all stages of the plan sales cycle, manage deals through close and partner with the operations team to ensure success for all
- Experience with account management post contract
- Experience with value-based care and risk contracting.
- Top-tier interpersonal skills with the ability to project professional competence, leadership capability, and personal maturity.
- Clinical experience
This is a full-time non-exempt position. This is a remote (work from home) position, with up to 25% travel.
Better Life Partners facilitates the treatment of behavioral health conditions including addiction medicine. We offer a full slate of benefits including competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision coverages, four weeks of paid vacation, sick time, wellness days, thirteen paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with company match, parental leave program, learning & development stipend, employee referral bonus, company-issued technology, remote work stipend, paid volunteer time off, stock options for eligible employees, and more!
At Better Life Partners, we believe our work directly correlates to the diverse perspectives of our employees. Better Life Partners celebrates inclusion and is a committed Equal Opportunity Employer to all qualified applicants, ensuring individuals will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. Persons of color, women, LGBTQ candidates, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Better Life Partners is a recovery-friendly workplace.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
Better Life Partners has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees, including remote staff, to remain in full compliance with regulatory bodies. Individuals selected for employment must be able to show proof of vaccination status prior to start date.
If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or religious beliefs, Better Life Partners will consider requests for reasonable accommodation consistent with its policy and if able to do so without undue hardship to the company pursuant to applicable law. Such accommodations must be approved prior to start date.
Powered by JazzHR
Better Life Partners
BusinessView all jobs at Better Life Partners