Prepared Foods Category Director
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $80,000 Yearly
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental,
This position is an opportunity to make a positive impact on the Better Health Market by developing dynamic programs designed to delight our customers. Responsible for programming and assortment planning, promotional planning, operational tool development, and financial target realization for Prepared Foods based on the overall category strategy. Creates and implements the overall prep foods product mix, business relationships, innovation needs, team culture, and financial goals.
This position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals with a wide degree of creativity, analytics, and latitude. Requires knowledge of program management, menu planning, margin and labor mix, food industry trends, ingredient seasonality, third-party production, food safety, and training material development/implementation. Robust understanding of the following areas is preferred: culinary techniques, commercial kitchen equipment, and quick-service restaurant operations and product flow.
· Develops category strategy in concert with the executive leadership, based on customer expectations, culinary viewpoint, category role and performance, product trends, competitive landscape, financial targets, and Better Health Market differentiators
· Develops and executes category assortment plans and menus including seasonal focus, supplier line reviews, assortment analysis, and forecasting
· Creates merchandising and execution guidance for new programs and products, including store-level plan-o-grams for customer-facing and team-member-facing venues
· Communicates program expectations, goals, and details to executive leadership and store teams
· Develops pricing tactics to reflect overall category strategy, including promotional planning, to drive sales and transactions
· Develops strategic relationships with key suppliers to ensure early insight to new trends, exclusive access to new ingredients, delicious and proprietary product development, and competitive costing
· Work collaboratively within the overall Better Health team; understand and support team goals; engage cross-functionally and across categories to deliver on overall program strategy.
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Passion for delicious good food
· Experience with category strategy, planning and execution
· Deep knowledge of food industry trends, ingredient seasonality, and culinary techniques
· Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
· Ability to develop strategic plans utilizing consumer data and insights
· Strong financial acumen and history of positive financial results
· Working knowledge of industry terms, cost modeling and income statements
· Team player with a positive attitude
· A passion for organics, fair trade, quality standards, and the natural food industry
· Strong communication including written, verbal and listening skills
· Excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
· Ability to handle confidential information
Education/Experience and Training:
· 4-year degree or equivalent experience
· 4 years of relevant retail, food service, or restaurant experience
· Background in managing complex projects and business relationships
· Extensive experience in program management – including menu planning and margin mix delivery
· History of effective training material development and implementation
· Broad experience with third-party producers and commercialization of delicious outsourced products
At the Better Health Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. The Better Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.
Better Health MarketWhy Work Here?
Growth Market, Competitive Benefit, 35% Associate Discount
42875 Grand River AveDetroit, MI
BusinessView all jobs at Better Health Market