Customer Engagement Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Better Business Bureau – Serving the Heart of Texas
Customer Engagement Specialist
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Customer Engagement Manager
Salary: $18.50 - $20.00
Location: Austin, TX only – not a remote position
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Who are we?
BBB serving the Heart of Texas is an award-winning organization named a top employer by Austin American-Statesman, among the top 50 best nonprofits to work for by The Non-Profit Times, and one of the 100 best places to work in Texas by Texas Monthly. We are a mid-sized organization with a commitment to growth and take pride in our culture, which includes a strong work ethic balanced with a real sense of fun, work-life balance, and achievement!
Who are you?
The Customer Engagement Specialist contributes to the organization’s operational success by working directly with BBB Accredited Businesses (ABs) as the primary point of contact for service and support. This position serves as a resource to ABs by addressing inquiries regarding accreditation benefits, BBB profile information, disputes, customer reviews, and accreditation discrepancies. You have a high level of interpersonal and communication skills; you are detail-oriented, you can handle numerous diverse tasks simultaneously, you can meet critical deadlines, and you are able to work with minimal supervision.
About the position
Are you looking for an opportunity to work for a reputable company with a positive work environment? Better Business Bureau is looking for a Customer Engagement Admin. This position serves as a resource to the customer engagement specialist position by initially processing incoming information and delegating anything that needs additional contact or attention from the business. This position will also provide support as needed for general file updates, fulfillment of marketing materials requests, and backup for the customer engagement role as needed.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Completes Minimum AB Monitoring Processes (MAB-MP) and Universal Minimum Accreditation Process (UMAP) regularly and as directed.
- Process assigned AB disputes and customer reviews following appropriate policy and procedure; refer any cases for arbitration and mediation as appropriate
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of licensing requirements for industries to operate in Texas for UMAP processes.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure proficient and effective processes such as CE to BP process, new application review, etc.
- Communicate and resolve AB Licensing discrepancies for initial MAB-MP and UMAP evaluations.
- Ensure AB understands BBB dispute resolution procedures and policies; work with businesses by making suggestions on how they might avoid future disputes and/or develop complaint patterns
- Ensure all assigned ABs are aware of new BBB Accreditation Benefits as they launch and through ongoing follow up communications during their accreditation lifecycle
- Ensures accreditation benefits fulfillment to ABs through - responding to Marketing collateral requests, uploading BBB’s seal, sending/resending new and renewal packets, fulfilling BBB decal requests, and uploading photos/videos for ABs.
- Conduct regular AB audits to ensure quality and error-free data
- Update and process all business ownership changes for assigned ABs when BBB is aware a company has changed ownership
- Answer and/or direct as appropriate incoming calls and Stream page messages from ABs
- Prepare cancellation, denial, suspension, and revocation letters for appropriate level signatures and approval, as well as explain both processes to ABs
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures and ability to operate and troubleshoot most standard office equipment
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally (in person and via phone) and in writing
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive information and documents with confidentiality
- Ability to prepare comprehensive written summaries and recommendations to BBB leadership on actions affecting Accredited Businesses
- Detail-oriented with the ability to handle numerous diverse tasks simultaneously and to make recommendations based on verifiable facts
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, in a team environment, and to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to develop and maintain credible relationships with private and public agencies, as well as BBB Accredited Businesses
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- No nights or weekends!
- Flexible 40-hour schedule.
- Medical and additional benefits are available.
- Group rates for health, dental and vision coverage for dependents.
- Tax-free flex spending account.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a 5% match and immediate vesting.
- 10 paid holidays and birthdays off!
Powered by JazzHR
Better Business Bureau Serving the Heart of Texas
BusinessView all jobs at Better Business Bureau Serving the Heart of Texas